Me, Cher and One Direction

Hope you like this story!!! Picture to the side is Lily played by Isla Fisher. 

 EDIT: This started off as fun, but now I'm proud of this, and it means so much to me. Also, it's entered in 1DWattyAwards, so the votes are crucial, and also, if you could vote for it, if you like it, then vote for it on the voting place too?

PICTURE: Isla Fisher.

VIDEO: Janet Devlin's XFactor Audition.

Lana  x

____

Chapter One: First Audition.

|~Lily's POV~|

"Good luck!" Louis hugged me. I melted into him, my brother was always the best hugger. I wanted the nervousness to go away, and that I could just stay hugging Louis forever. So many what ifs were runnng through my brain, and all I could focus on was the moment that could change my life, or send me into a hole of dark depression. 

"You too," I said, biting my lip until I drew blood. My stomach continued to do cartwheels. I swung my legs as Louis wandered off somewhere to mingle. I practiced one last time, perfecting every note, timing each word, and then Dermot O'Leary called out: 

"Number 2642704?" That sounded like my number. It was, in fact. The moment was drawing closer, and closer. I put my hand up, hesitantly. Even now, my hand was shaking. My nails were painted with a clear polish, causing them to shine in the light. Louis gave me a thumbs up. I can't do this! I thought suddenly. I couldn't audition for The X Factor! I shouldn't be here, I couldn't sing like Louis. Sure, I'd inherited a voice you could tolerate, but on national TV? Surely, if I backed out now, I could get another career. I mean, what's wrong with being a nurse?  My brother gave me a shove, firmly looking me in the eye.

"Lily," He warned. "Go! I'll be your personal cheerleader." 

The thought of my brother bouncing up and down in a short skirt and waving pom poms madly made a smile slide onto my lips. Dermot took me backstage  and asked me a couple of questions. I was busy listening to the girl before me, Cher Lloyd, to answer the questions but mindlessly responded to a few. Cher Lloyd finished her song. She had been amazing! How could I top that? She had a unique edge to her, something different. What made me stand out, Lily Tomlinson?

"You sing with feeling, Lily."  I remember Mum telling me. "The breathy edge to your voice could bring tears if you sang Who Let the Dogs Out?."

 Finally, with a sick feeling to my stomach, I walked out onstage. I felt like I was standing on water, the stage was so big and overwhelming. I searched the crowd, my eyes routing out the people sitting there for me.There was my sisters Fizz, Lottie, the twins and my friends Julia, Jessie, and April. I smiled, scared. Louis had told me I looked great in my white skinny jeans, and black leather jacket. I hoped he was right. I mean, this comes from the guy who wears suspenders!  My usually messy dark red hair had been tied up, still resembling a mass.

"Hello!" Cheryl beamed, in her accent. "What's your name, sweetie?"

"Uhh, Lilienne. Lilienne Tomlinson." I told them, actually having to think for a second. 

"How old are you, Lilienne?' Louis asked. Louis Walsh that is, not my brother. He looked at me, analizing me, sizing me up, wondering if they'd found a star in me. 

"Seventeen," I said as more cheers erupted from the crowd. They were gonna cheer no matter what I said. 

"And, where are you from?' Simon wanted to know. 

"Doncaster." I smiled as loud screams burst out, the biggest cheer of all. 

"And what will you sing?" Dannii looked at me, sceptically. They really like playing 20 Questions, apparently. 

"Your Song by Elton John," I said. The judges exchanged looks, and I wondered for the millionth time if I had chosen the right song. The music started, ringing loudly in my ears. I took a deep breath and sang:

"It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside.  

I'm not one of those who can easily hide.  

I don't have much money, but boy if I did,  

I'd buy a big house where we both could live!"

When I got to the chorus, I quite literally, gave it my all. Did I shout? Did I hit flat notes? Was I in time with the music? When I had finished, I looked up. There was Louis smiling. Cheryl and Simon on their feet - yes! I put Simon Cowell on his feet! - and Dannii drinking water.

"Lilienne!? That was incredible! Such a big voice from a little girl," Simon grinned. My eyes bulged. Praise, praise from Mr.Simon Cowell!

"Lily, this is what we're looking for. You've certainly got the X Factor!" Louis said, smiling wisely.

"Lillienne, it could have been better," Dannii frowned, just a little. "You were a tad off-key." My heart sank but when Cheryl said, "Dannii Minogue! You call yourself a good judge? Were we, um, listening to the same thing? I completely disagree, I love you, Lily! You are a born star!" She lifted my spirits. I got three yeses, and I screamed and rushed offstage into Louis' arms. Euphoria. Ecstasy. 

"I did it, Lou! I did it!" I shrieked, at the top of my voice. 

"Lily! You were awesome!" he yelled. I was so busy screaming that I forgot to watch Louis walk out onstage, for the audition that would change his life forever.

____

Hope you liked :) x Pic is of Lily.