I Don't Want You Here

Atta opens the door and heads upstairs. She hops in the shower, not wanting to add being sick to the list of things going wrong right now. She doesn't drag out her shower as usual. When she's dressed, she notices her phone vibrating on her desk. 8 missed messages from Beau? She picks it up,"Beau?"
"Atta, there's been an accident."

Atta gets in the car and rushes through the storm. Luke got in that car because they were fighting. Everyone, who had died in her life, had died in a car accident. She feels her heart race quicken,'What if Luke is part of those people?' she thinks in a panic.
She has to pull over to take some breaths to calm her nerves," You don't know that, Atta. Don't think of the worst case scenario," she's a pro at this by now, having had to do it twice before. She manages to drive the rest of the way to the hospital without incident.

'
2 hours earlier
The group sits eating their pizza, when Jai checks his phone" What the f*ck, Beau?!" Jai looks up from his phone, " How could you do that to Luke?!" Jai exclaims.
"Do what?" Beau asks clueless.
"You and Atta," Jai states.
Lana chokes on her pop, and it spews out of her mouth," Atta's not a cheater," she chokes.
Lex nods in agreement," Why would you say that Jai?" Lex asks her boyfriend.
"Because of these!" Jai shows them the pictures.
"Dude, Atta was feeling sad, so I spent the day with her, as a friend. I wouldn't do that to Luke," Beau explains.
"Who even sent you these?" Lex asks, eyebrows furrowed.
Jai looks down at his hands," Ariana."
Lex's eyes narrow, and she removes his arm from her waist," Really Jai?! How can you trust anything that comes from that b*tch?!" Lex stands.
"C'mon Lex, this is getting really old. I get that she's jealous and all, but Ariana's not a liar," Jai tells her.
"You've got to be kidding me, Jai!" Lex says.
A sound cuts her off, as they watch Luke's car drive back, fast," We should stop him," James says, reaching for his phone.
Beau stops him," If he reacted the way you just did," he points to Jai," even slightly, that would probably just make it worse. We have to let him blow off," Beau states.
Lex sits back down, but next to Lana this time. Jai's phone vibrates. Ariana's texting him: Hey boo, do you want to have some fun ;)? She sends him. Jai closes the text, not wanting to respond.

They sit back and chat for a little while. Jai keeps looking over at Lex who won't even look his way. No way's he gonna apologize, he did nothing wrong, in his opinion of course.
Beau's phone rings out of the blue," Hello?"
"This is him,"Beau quiets the room.
"Yeah, be right there," Beau's face pale.
"What's wrong?" Daniel asks.
"It's Luke he's just been in an accident, we need to go down to the hospital," Beau explains. They quickly pile into the cars. Beau calls his mom first, who gets on the first flight possible, tomorrow morning. He then makes the call to Atta, who promises to meet them there.

Present

Atta bursts through the doors. Beau meets here there, a serious look on his face," We don't know anything yet," he leads her to the waiting room. Atta sits in the far corner, away from everyone. Her mind can't help but flash back to the two other times she's heard those five little words. The uncomfortable chairs, the worried glances, the I wished I'd said this, not that, " I have to go to the washroom," she tells everyone.
Once the door is locked, she lets the sobs out. Her hands grip the edge of the counter for dear life," Why me? Why is it always me. First mom and dad, then Chandler, and now Luke," her voice breaks.

Beau looks up when a doctor approaches, they all stand, waiting to hear what he has to say," He's out of surgery. He's been put in a room now, but I must warn you. Luke's in a coma. Now, before you ask, we don't know when it if he may wake up. If you'll follow me, I'll lead you to his room," The doctor tells them.
"I'll go tell Atta," Lex tells them.

Lex heads to the bathroom. She can hear sobs coming from inside. She knocks softly," Hey Atta, it's Lex. I just came to tell you, we can go see Luke," Lex tells her, through the door.
The door opens," Okay,"
She nods, as Lex leads her.
"Just a warning he's in a coma, Atta," Atta's eyes sadden.
Lex can't help but feel bad for her friend who's been dealt such a sad hand.
They walk into the room. The chair next to Luke's right is empty," We figured you'd want to sit with him," Beau tells Atta. She nods, and takes the chair. She grabs his hand, and everything melts away.

A couple of hours later, Lex tells her their going to go get some food. Atta nods and stays seated.

Lex stays seated at a table, in the cafeteria when the group goes to get some food. She's told them what she wants.
Jai leaves his phone at the table, and all of a sudden, it vibrates. She looks down at it.
C'mon, we both know I'm way more fun than Reddy the clown~Ariana

Lex's way too curious, so she types in Jai's code, and sees all the messages Ariana's sent him. Why didn't he block her or something?
She puts it back when he comes back to the table, figuring it's not the time, as Jai's twin brother's in the hospital.
So she's quiet and eats her food in silence, Ariana still lurking in the back of her brain.

Atta blinks her eyes open. She didn't realize she'd fallen asleep," Hey Luke. Listen I know we got into a fight, the other night. But, I do love you. It's just hard for me to say it, because I'm always terrified something like this will happen-" Atta's voice breaks.
She swallows," Just, please. Please ,don't leave me like he did. Please, I don't think I'd be able to come back from that," Atta presses a kiss to his hand, wrapping it with both of hers.
Atta doesn't notice the woman standing in the doorway. She steps forwards, and clears her throat. Atta looks back, and she stands once she realizes who it is," I'll leave you two alone."
"No, no. Stay. I'm Gina, I wish we could've met under better circumstances," Gina pushes a forced smile on her face.
"Me too. I'm Atta," she tells Gina.
Gina heads to the chair on Luke's left side, while Atta sits back where she was sat before.
No words are spoken. As, they don't need to be, at around noon, Atta feels Luke's hand start to move between hers. Gina looks up at Luke's face.
His eyes blink open," Mum?"
"Oh, Luke you scared us," she kisses his forehead.
Luke's eyes glance to Atta, his eyes fill with love for a moment, and Atta can feel relief in her chest. But then, his eyes narrow and he pushes his next words out, breaking both their hearts," What are you doing here?Atta, I don't want you here," he rips his hand from hers.