Chapter 22

Alley's POV:

I wake up in a boring, old hospital room, with pain soaring through me. Great I'm wearing one of those awful hospital gowns and I feel Iike throwing up. My ankle is in a cast and is strung up so I don't apply pressure to it. I have cuts and bruises all over and I think I broke my hand, at least that's what it feels like. I look to my left to see a beautiful bouquet of flowers, frangipanis and white roses! My favorite, with a bunch of other colorful flowers. There's a note attached,

"Dearest Alley

Get well soon, and take better care of yourself, love you so much, I'll come visit again after school, don't worry, I'll tape the lectures and write you notes.

Love you
Aron"

Aww how sweet. Why is it that we never like the people who like us? Aron told me about a month ago that he likes me, but I had to be honest and told him I see him as a brother, like a twin brother, someone's who's always there for me but I could never think of him in that way. It hasn't effected our relationship, at least I think it hasn't. It's the same with Daniel, except he doesn't know I like him.... Daniel, it's his fault I'm here sitting in this mess, if only he wasn't so persistent and caring I would have walked home, used my first aid skills to my advantage and wrapped my foot up good as new!

The last thing I remember is sitting in his car arguing with him, okay I was being a little rude, okay a lot rude, but for the last three months he's being non stop giving me what I thought were signals, but no, Courtney comes along, with another boyfriend who might I add is Louis freakin Tomlinson, yet he still goes after her.

The machine next to me beeps most probably to tell the nurses I'm awake, the curtain next to me opens to reveal a horrible looking Daniel, sleeping in his own hospital bed, holding his hand is Courtney, she looks up and sees me and rushes right over, behind her is Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles, Liam Payne and the one and only Niall Horan. "Hello Hoeran" I smirk.
"Well someone's awfully chirpy this Evening." He replies, just as sarcastically.
"Excuse me for trying to lighten the mood!" I say looking shocked.
"It's good seeing you again." He smiles

"Turns out that driver was drunk." Harry says with a straight face.
"How you feeling?" Louis asks.
"What the hell happened?!" Courtney says above everyone else! And now I have a headache!
I explain the story to them leaving out all the horrible things Dani and I said to each other.

"Okay one question at a time." I say slowly.
"It's great seeing you too Horan, too bad it's under such awful conditions." I smile. Everyone makes themselves comfortable around my bed, while Courtney takes a seat next to me on the bed and grips my hand. I like Courtney I really do, she's a lovely girl but darn her having such a great relationship with Dani.

"Okay my turn, tell me about this drunk driver!" I say.
Courtney takes a deep breath and begins.
"Turns out he's 22 and from one of the sororities. They were having a stupid party and the drinks were finished, so they decided to send one of the most drunk people at the party to get more drinks. A bystander said that right before the crash Daniel swerved out of the way. When we told the doctor he then said if Daniel hadn't, the crash would have been fatal for the both of you. The guy, I think his name was Aidan sustained minor injuries, that's all we know for now. We were waiting for one of you to wake up, then we are going to schedule the court date." She finally breathes again. I'm in utter shock, I can't believe it, because of someone else's recklessness Daniel and I could have been killed!

"Okay.... Wow. I don't even know what to say to that." I breathe in and continue, "what are my injuries?"

This time the nurse, who I didn't even notice was standing there answers me.
"Your right ankle is fractured, you have a broken wrist as well as three broken knuckles, a bruised rib and quite a couple other minor injuries."

"Will this affect my cheerleading?" I ask.
Everyone's silent.
"Great, just bloody great."

I look over at Daniel and see the monitor with a simple pattern going on over and over again.

"Is Daniel asleep? How is he? Anyone spoken to him? Does he also know what's happened?" Fear takes control over me when everyone avoids my gaze and stays silent.

"Answer me" I whisper.

Courtney finally looks at me in the eyes and gives me the heart shattering news.

"It's been almost one week, we all knew you were going to wake up, it was just a matter of time, but when you two were rushed into the hospital you both had to go straight into surgery. Yours went well but Daniel's s heart didn't cope with it very well, he's in a coma and we don't know if he's gonna wake up."

The tears begin to fall.

A/N:
Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed! Please check out UnicornRox13 and blossie23 as they write Alley's and Daniel's povs. You are all absolutely amazing and thank you so much for all the support! BC is coming close to 2K and it means so much!

I love you all
-Jamie❤️