Chapter 2

Alley's POV

"It's going down, I'm yelling...."

"Shut up Kesha! Agg stupid alarm clock! Really it's like only 8:30 am."

Oh crap I'm going to be late! No no no! I cannot be late. I promised Daniel I'd meet up with him to drop off his assignment he left at my place the other day when I was tutoring him. Okay scrap my thoughts I'm just going to wear my cheerleading uniform and some white converse so I look descent, well kind of. My hairs still a mess. It's really hard to keep such thick and long hair tame! By the time I'm done brushing it there's almost my entire head of brunette hair stuck in my hairbrush.

"Oh well."
"Okay, purse check, phone, makeup bag, keys and books. Okay I've got everything, I'm ready to go!"

***

My entire school day went by in a blur, nothing interesting. I mean enough lectures about bullying, we wouldn't be at UCLA studying psychology if we were going to just bully everyone! But there is one good thing about today.... I get to drop of Dani's assignment at his apartment. Maybe for once he will invite me in. But once your in the friend zone, there's no way out. Plus he's like the most popular boy in school and the best football player we have. Although we could have a one of those relationships like in the movies, a high school romance, where the head cheerleader is going out with the star athlete. No Alley get your thoughts back together. He's your friend, that's all your going to be, plus he probably has a liking for Rachel. But who wouldn't, she's perfect and well I'm not allowed to bully, according to my oath for psychology, but what's a nice way of saying slut! Whatever it is, that's what she is!

I arrived at Dani's place, I know he's home because of the chatter in side, sounds like he's talking to someone close. A girlfriend maybe. How could he do this to me and not even tell me! He's not yours, he's allowed to be with whoever he wants! Well I guess there's no batteries in the door nob!

Knock knock

Wow! Either he's become really fat, or he's hiding something, because it's not normal to stretch out so much in the door frame. Hopefully it's neither!

"You left this behind!"

I handed him the folder, and after a minute or two of talking he still hasn't invited me inside! Oh well!

"I'll see you tomorrow?" I said while skipping off to my car.

He said something, I'm not sure what, but it was probably something really obvious. I drive home in silence, with occasional rude comments from other drivers. I'm just trying to get my thoughts on track! My rents due in one week and I only have a little over half the amount due!

Daniel's POV

I trudge through my front door and swing my muddy football bag onto the counter. I groan as I flop down onto my crowded couch. My head hits an empty pizza box. When did I have pizza? Oh well. I'm not to worried about that, it's the agonising pain, searing in my feet that I'm worried about. If I knew maintaining my scholarship was going to be this hard I don't think I would have taken it. I would have stayed in cloudy, rainy, Manchester and become a dentist like the old man. Actually... Scratch that. I hate the dentist. Well not as much as my sister, Courtney, but pretty close. I hear The Simpsons theme song blast through the room. I mumble before I take it out of my pocket and press the phone to my ear.
"Hello?" I say, my voice croaky.
"Hey Dan it's me. I miss you," I hear Courtney's voice.
"Ugh what do you want?" I ask.
"I'm just being a good sister and catching up with my twin bro!"
"No you want something," I say. "Now spill."
"Dani I'm being nice to-"
"I'm going to hang up," I threaten.
"Fine! Fine! I was wondering if UCLA was still applying?" Courtney asks, she sounds desperate.
"No they're not, we're in the middle of the term Courtz," I say. "Sorry."
"Darn. What a waste of airtime." And with that my wonderful sister hangs up. I roll my eyes and toss my phone onto the big pile of clothes next to the coffee table. I should clean up but that requires actual work. I'm too lazy. There's a knock on my door. Ugh! Who's that now? I pry myself off of the couch and open the door. I glare as I open it. As I see the face, my cheeks burn brightly. It's Alley. She smiles happily at me. Alley and I go to college together. We're friends. Just friends. I keep having to remind myself. I try take up the whole doorframe so she can't see the sty I live in. If I knew she was coming I would have cleaned up a bit... Who am I kidding? I wouldn't have. She's still wearing her cheerleading outfit from today's practice.
"You left this behind," she says and sticks out her hand. I look down at the folder in her hands. I'm so forgetful. Whoops. I'm meant to hand in an assignment tomorrow, if I didn't have that I was going to fail. I take it.
"Thanks Alley," I say.
"No problem," she says. "So I'll see you tomorrow?"
"I'll be there," I say. Alley smiles and skips away. I watch as she walks back to her car. I turn back into my apartment, the sudden feeling of bliss gone. Homework time, Daniel. Riiiighhhhhtttt after an episode of The Simpsons. Or five.

Author's Note:

Hey everyone, thanks so much for reading my book. I will try write as much as I can, but please be patience with me because I do have school and projects and stuff like that. Again thank you. Remember: Courtney's POV is written by me, Daniel's POV is written by blossie23 and Alley's POV is written by UnicornRox13