Chapter 20

Daniel:

My class just got canceled. I pick  bits of paint off of my arm as I sit in my car, wondering what the hell I'm going to do.

I make a list of all the possible things I could do. There's nothing for me to do at my house. I could go to Kyle's house to crush him in FIFA. But then I remember. Kyle's TV is broken. Kyle isn't worth spending two hours with without a flat screen, cinema TV to drown out his constant moaning about his girlfriend who is cheating on him.

Someone behinds me hoots and I look up lazily at the light that is now flashing green. I sigh and start moving again. I drive around the neighborhood hoping that something fun or entertaining is going to smash into my window.

I park across the street from the park and take out my phone. Everyone is busy. I can tell this by my whole Instagram feed filled with selfies of people at a music festival. How popular am I? Sitting by myself in my car, moping over everyone's social lives.

Just then I hear someone cursing. I look up to see Alley stopped at the end of the street, taking off her shoes. I hoot and she looks up with a scowl on her face. I wave at her and she rolls her eyes at me.

"Hey are you okay?" I ask, jogging towards her.

"Do I look okay?" She snaps.

"Why don't you have shoes on?" I ask and hold out my arm for her to take for support. She looks at my arm warily but grabs it to take off her other shoe.

"I stepped in something," Alley growls. I didn't have to be told what that something was.

"Do you need me to drop you off at home?" I ask. "You can't walk all the way home barefooted."

"Yes I can." She holds her shoes out in front of her and struts down the street. I roll my eyes at her and get into my car.
I'm not a stalker, I'm merely making sure Alley gets home safely. She walks in a zig-zag and it makes it hard for me to keep my eyes on her and on the road. She doesn't realize I'm following her.

Someone tries to overtake me and I slow down for them to pass. I look to the side of me where Alley is walking. She's gone. She was here a second ago! I search the street for her but there's no sign of her anyways. I shouldn't be panicking. But I am.

Just then I see her sitting on the pavement, looking down at her foot. I pull up beside her.

"Alley, let me just give you a ride, it'll save me from having a heart attack," I say and lean across the car to open the passenger door for her.

"Why would you care? Shouldn't you be helping Courtney," she says and frowns like the idea of helping my sister disturbs her.

"She said she can take care of it. Alley, just get in."

"I can't."

"Alley-" I start to say exasperatedly when she huffs in annoyance, interrupting me.

"I can't! I hurt myself," she says and it's then when I realise the blood trickling down the sole of her foot.

"Oh damn. Alley, I didn't realise. Let me help you," I say quickly and climb over the seats, my foot hitting the hooter which vibrates through me. She glares at me.

"Can you do something right for a change?" She snaps. I lift her up, wrapping my arm around her waist to support her.

"I'm trying to help," I point out. I lower her down into the passenger seat and close the door.

"Well I wouldn't be in this position of it wasn't for you," she mutters as I get in on my side. I raise my eyebrow at her and she shakes her head at me.

"Do I need to take you to a doctor?" I ask.

"What you need to do is leave me alone, alright?!" Alley exclaims angrily.

"Why are you so mad at me?" I ask with just as much force as she used. Doesn't she see I'm trying to help her?!

"Just leave it, Daniel," she sighs.

"Alley I'm taking you to a doctor you're bleeding all over my car," I say and ignore her cries for me to drop her off at home.

"Daniel! I demand that you take me home now!" She screams in my ear. I jump back at her sharp tone.

"Alley you're hurt for crying out loud! Just let me help you!" I shout.

"Why don't you go help someone else? Don't you get it?! Your help isn't needed!" She screeches.

"Dammit Alley could you stop being such a drama queen!" I argue and look at her. Her cheeks are bright red in anger.

"You're an idiot," she spits. I glare at her. What has gotten into her? We were fine a few hours ago.

"Alley-" It's too late. I hear her scream and I look up to see a car heading straight towards us. I try to swerve away but not in time. The car collides with ours. I feel glass rain down around me. It's everywhere. I can feel it in my clothes, my hair, my skin and in my mouth. I feel the car tip and an excruciating pain fills my neck.

Everything goes dark.

A/N:

Hey everyone! So here you go! Hope you enjoy. This part was written by blossie23

UnicornRox13 also writes alongside with us. Please check out both of them.
Please
Vote
Comment
Share
And
Follow

I love you all
-Jamie❤️