Chapter 19

3:59 pm

Alley said 4:00 pm. I'm early. I know you're probably thinking I'm so weird but I like to be exactly on time. I lean against the wall outside her apartment, tapping my foot to a tune in my head. I look down at my phone. 4:00. Perfect. I push myself off the wall and knock of the white door. The door opens and out steps Alley. She smiles at me.

"You're right on time."
"I know." I laugh.
"C'mon in." I follow her into the living room. We walk into a small room with a white couch and matching coffee table, we then enter a white kitchen. Alley shows me my bathroom and room to be.
"My room is just across from you if you need me."
"Great."
"Well I guess you can move in tomorrow." She shrugs.
"Sure, I'll ask Dani to help."
"K, here's your key. See you tomorrow." She hands me a small silver key.

I leave the apartment lobby. A black car pulls up in front of me. The window opens to reveal a smiling Louis.
"Get in."
"Where we going?" I ask as I climb in.
"I don't care. You choose."
"THE MALL!" I yell at the top of my lungs.
"TO THE MALL!" Louis yells just as loud. I laugh. We spend the whole ride laughing and getting to know each other.

"Louis! We have to go to Starbucks!" I tug on his arm like a 5 year old girl who wants a toy. He sighs.
"Fineeee"
"I know you wanna go!" He rolls his eyes in a sarcastic manner and grins.
"I knew it!" I rush into the coffee shop and stand in line. I bounce impatiently on the spot. It's been forever since I've had a Starbucks.
"How may I help you?" The boy at the counter asks.
"Can I please have a..." I look up at the boy.
"Luke?!"
"Courtney?!" He says with a surprised look upon his perfectly chiseled face.
"What are you doing here?" I ask just as surprised as him.

Luke is, uh was my boyfriend. He dumbed me a while back before we graduated. We'd been dating for 4 years and he just ended it. He's the reason I haven't had Starbucks in so long. I know stupid right? Anyway he told me he loved me when we were in a Starbucks and he broke my heart when we were in Starbucks. So it kind of brought back old, unwanted memories. Seeing his face just brings it all back. I study his face, his black hair slightly gelled up, pale grey eyes and those plump pink lips which stole my first kiss.

"I work here." He indicates to his Starbucks name tag and apron.
"I meant in Los Angeles." I say I it's a duh tone. He laughs.
"I go to UCLA."
"No way! I'm trying to get in for next semester." I hear a cough behind me and turn to see Louis awkwardly standing behind me.
"Uh anyway, can I have a chocolate cream frappuccino?"

"And for your friend?" He asks leaning over to look behind me.
"I'll have an ice tea." Louis says. A few minutes later Luke hands me our drinks. I'm about to leave when he grabs my arm.
"Hey, we should catch up some time."
"Yeah." I grab a napkin and write down my number. I turn around to Louis and walk away. Louis laces our fingers together, I look over my shoulder to see Luke looked at our hands with sad eyes.

"Let's go in here!" I squeal and pull him into a dress shop. Dresses of all colours fill the racks and coat the walls. I'm in heaven. I love dress shopping. I gasp and Louis chuckles.
"Whatttttt?" I whine.
"You're so cute." I blush and grab the dress off the rack.
"Stay here!" I order and dash into the changing room. I change into the long flowing gown and step out.
"Wow!"

"You like?" I giggle and spin for him.
"You look gorgeous." Louis says practically drooling.
"I feel like a princess." I squeal again.
"How much is it?"
"I don't even want to know." I bury my face in my hands as he checks the tag which is sticking out the back.
"$4721." I nearly pass out.
"I'm changing. I can't wear this dress."
"But you look amazing." He says looking shocked.
"I can't afford it." I sigh. I really love that dress.
"C'mon, we need to get stuff for my room." I take one more glance at the dress before leaving the store.

****

"It's so early!" Daniel moans.
"It's 11:00" I laugh, throwing him a brush.
"You take that wall and I'll paint this one." I point to the wall opposite me. I dipped my brush into the mint green paint and stroke the wall in an up and down motion.

As I paint I picture my room in my head. 2 walls mint green, 2 white, a white headboard, white and black bedspread, a picture hanging on the wall, a lamp on the bedside table, vase on the headboard and about 8 pillows and cushions. A white wardrobe and white desk with a mint green chair.

"Courtz!" Daniel calls.
"Yessss?" I return in the same whining tone.
"I can't reach the top." I turn around to face him.
"Well figure it out." I swing my brush and accidentally send bits of paint at him. They splat all over his face. I burst into a fit of laughter.
"You did not just do that." He gives me a wicked grin.
"Dani it was an accident!" I try run but he catches me around the waist and pulls me into his chest. He gives me another grin. I squeeze my eyes shut as he drags the brush down my forehead, over my nose, straight over my lips and off my chin. I stare at him with large eyes before bringing the brush up to his hair and painting his hair green. He releases me and I dash to the paint. We spend the next 20 minutes or so, flicking paint at each other.

"Okay, so just get onto my shoulders." Dani kneels down on the floor.
"No games?" I ask though I do love playing games with him.
"No games." I push myself up and sit with my legs on either side of his head. I continue to paint the top bit of the wall while he holds the tray.

"Okay done up here, you can put me down now."
"Why would I do that?"
"What are you planning?!" Before I can do anything, Daniel races around the room and heads for the door. My arms wrap around his neck. Luckily I ducked in time. Daniel runs around the apartment, through the living room and the kitchen. We come to a stop in the entrance. A backpack lies on the table including a set of keys and three books. Alley must be home. Dani bends down and I get off and go back to my room to begin moving the furniture.

****

"Finally we're done!" We both collapse on the newly made bed.
"I should probably get going." Dani says pushing himself up.
"Yeah, thanks for helping me." I say as we walk to the front door.
"No prob Courtz."
"See you soon?" I ask.
"Duh." He laughs and gives me a big hug. I close the door and walk back to my room. A box lies on my bed. I walk over to it to see a note on the top.

Dearest Courtney Clarissa White

Would you do me the honor of allowing me of taking you out for a fantastic night out in the city?

Yours truly
Louis Tomlinson

I smile and open the box.

A/N:

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Just a sneak peak, you will be seeing more of Luke. ;)
Please
Vote
Comment
Share
And
Follow

I love you all
-Jamie❤️