Chapter 4

Daniels POV

There's a knock on my door. I huff. I tried clearing space for my tutoring session with Alley but it looks worse than before. I need a proper clear out. I wish I wasn't so messy but it never turns out the way I plan. I sigh in frustration and head to the door. I run my fingers through my brown hair before opening the door. Alley smiles.
"Hey Daniel," she greets.
"Ummmm... Hi Alley," I say. She has a stack of books in her hands. I notice the one title of the book. It's in French. I have no idea what it says. Why I chose to do a French degree I'm not sure. I thought chicks dig French dudes. Maybe they still do and I just haven't figured out how to make it sound like I'm not speaking Chinese.
"Can I come in?"
"Oh. Yeah. Sure. Sorry," I say and step out the way. She skips inside, her light brown hair bouncing behind her. She looks around. I can see she's trying very hard not to look disgusted.
"We can study over here if you'd like," I suggest to the small clearing on my dining room table. She nods and sits down. She curses and sits up again. She picks up a flat, chocolate bar from the chair. Alley wrinkles her nose.
"Sorry about that," I say. "I forget where I put things."
"I've noticed," she says and giggles. I try laugh but I'm just so nervous.
"Should we start?" Alley asks. I nod. I sit down opposite her. She opens a thick textbook which looks like an encyclopaedia. I have to learn all that?!
"So the first thing we should do is go over vocabulary and then-" she drones on for about ten minutes, telling me what we are going to do. We haven't even officially started and I'm already as bored as hell. Alley used extravagant hand motions when explaining. I have no clue how she has the energy to tutor me, cheerlead and study for her psychology degree. I can barely get off the couch to fetch a packet of crisps from the kitchen.
"So what do you think?" She asks.
"Huh?" I say confused. "Oh! I mean... It's great!" She raises an eyebrow at me. I wonder what I'm saying is great. By the look on her face it's not to good.
"You sure you want to read this?" She asks.
"Sure," I say, my voice croaky. Alley passes me the book. The words blur on the page. I squint, hoping the words will become clear but they stay as blurry as before. I start saying the only French words I know. Alley looks like she's going to faint.
"Wow. So we're literally going to have to start from square one," Alley says with a sigh.
"I told you I was bad." She's about to say something when there's a knock on the door. I'm popular lately. I give Alley an apologetic look.
"Just give me two seconds," I say. I race to the door and open it. My jaw drops open. I've never been more surprised. I haven't seen her in over a year. I embrace her tightly. She's still smaller than me, she always has been. I was born two seconds before her after all.
"Courtz what are you doing here?"

A/N:

Surprise! I wonder what will happen next! Thanks again for reading my story I hope you are enjoying it. Please if you have any suggestions on new characters or what should happen next please put them in the comments. Thanks everyone! Enjoy!