Chapter 18

Louis's pov:

"Dani, I told you I can't come... Yes I know but I can't, I'm with someone... Ok I'll come if you get an extra ticket... Do you want me to come or not?" She paces the room arguing with someone on the phone.
"Bye." She says and puts down the phone.
"You okay?" I ask. She looks mad.
"Yeah." She sighs and gives me a reassuring smile.

Bing

She looks down at her phone. I catch I glimpse of the message.

Dani:

I got an extra ticket. See you tonight. ;)

She's got a date tonight? I thought we were hanging out.
"Hey Lou? Wanna go out tonight?"
"W..what??" Is she asking me out?!
"Yeah I've got tickets to this charity ball thingy and I was wondering would you like to come with?" A ball?! That means I have to find a tux!
"Sure!" I say sounding a bit to excited. She giggles causing a goofy grin to creep onto my lips.

****

I comb my gelled hair up and adjust my tie. After checking my breath and applying cologne I leave the bathroom.
"Where do you think you're going?" I turn to see all the boys sitting on the beds.
"Uh I'm going out." I feel my cheeks turning red. I don't want the boys to think its a date.
"With who?" Harry smirks.
"Um Courtney..." My cheeks are burning red by now.
"LOUIS GOT A DATE!" Niall screams causing the other two to fall off the bed in laughter.
"I gotta go." I say still blushing.
"Byeeee." They sing in unison.
I walk out the hotel room and down the hall towards her room.

Courtney's POV:

I rub my now bright pink lips together. I stroke my long lashes with a few layers of mascara and put some eyeliner on the top lids. I put all my makeup away and dust the spilt powder into the sink. I'm even messy with makeup. I secure the necklace Daniel gave me on my neck and put on a matching bracelet. I'm wearing a royal blue dress with sparkly flowers coming up the left side of the dress near the top. I'm also wearing black heels. I twist one bit of hair on either side of my head and tie them together at the back. I drop my lipstick into my purse and leave my room.

"Wow!" Louis says as I walk up to him.
"What?" I start fixing my dress.
"Uh you just look...." He sounds nervous. I can't help but giggle, he's so cute.
"Yeah?"
"Uh you look beautiful." He scratches the back of his head while blushing.
"Aw thanks Lou! You look very handsome. Now let's go!" I run as fast as I can in my heels towards the elevator.

***

This place is amazing! Hundreds of tables fill the room. Large white curtains hang from the ceiling and balloons rest on the ceiling. Each table seats eight people. There is a large bouquet of flowers on each table as well as candles. Purple and blue lights paint the walls. The room is filled with people chatting away, greeting one another or laughing with each other. I see a familiar face coming towards us. It's Alley. I greet her. I completely blank out of the conversation when I hear Louis say Alley's name. They know each other?! I realize I'm starring into space and rejoin the conversation.
"I'm friends with Rachel, the host of the gala." She did not just wink at him! Is he smirking?! I tighten my grip on Louis's hand. She leaves.
"You okay?" Louis looks worried.
"I'm fine...do you...like her?" I ask nervously. He bursts out laughing.
"No! We're just friends."
"Does she know that?" I ask.
"Yeah come on let's find your brother."

***

Everyone is laughing and having a great time except me. I lost Louis on the dance floor and I'm all alone. Dani and Alley are too busy speaking to their friends. I search through the sea of people until I catch a glimpse of him in the corner of the room with some blonde who looks absolutely drunk. I push my way towards them. A pain hits me as I see her press her lips against him. I storm over to them.
"Excuse me?" I tap her on the shoulder. She turns around. Wow that is probably the most revealing dress I have ever seen.
"Whattttt?" She slurs.
"He's with me so back off Boobles." Louis snickers behind her. Angry takes over her face. Her fist flys towards me and then everything went black.

***

"Ow." I say as Daniel places an ice pack on my now black eye.
"Sorry."
"I can't believe she actually punched you." Louis says.
"Well she did and I've got the mark to prove it."
"Courtney I'm so sorry." Alley says. We all sit in my hotel room.
"It's not your fault." I say sitting up.
"I feel like it is. I wasn't supposed to let her drink, let's just say this isn't the first time she's kissed someone else's man and then punched them."
"Oh so I'm your man?" Lou smirks.
"Shut up!" I playfully nudge him off the sofa.
"Alley, can we discuss the roommate thing?"
"Sure." The boys get the hint and leave.
"Okay, so the apartment requires $2500 a month. So we can split the costs assuming you've found a job?" She says.
"Perfect. I have found a job, I start soon."

"Great so the apartment is in Midvale Apartments on 527 Midvale Ave. it's 0.5 miles from campus. It's got two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. Are you applying for UCLA?" She writes the address down in my note book which was lying on the table.
"Yeah I am, next term though."
"Ok so you can pop by to check out the apartment any day of the week between 4:00pm-8:00pm. Anyway I gotta get going. Hope your eye feels better. See you soon." She waves goodbye and leaves. I lie back down, close my eyes and fall asleep.

A/N:

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed! Thanks so much for all the reads, votes and comments! They mean so much to me!
Please
Comment
Vote
Share
And
Follow

I love you all
-Jamie❤️