My daughter

Lizzi's POV:

I ranted. I blew my top. But I am a mother and I saw how things stood the moment I walked into Aamara's room. No amount of denying could change the truth. I know I said bad things to him. But he hurt my baby. Aaron yelled before he rescued Aamara from me. Both ran after Sam. Only Liam wasn't at home otherwise, he too would have gone with them.

..................................

I heard the engine of the truck die down and knew Aaron was home. I looked up from my cooking to see Aaron coax a stunned and shocked Aamara to react. She looked numb. No reaction but completely ashen. Tears had dried on her cheeks and her eyes were swollen red. As Aaron dragged her in, her hand scarped a nail jutting out of the door. She was cut and bleeding but my baby did not even seem to realise it. I rushed to them and helped Aaron with Aamara. Then I gave her hand first aid and bandaged the cut.

I tried talking to her, asking her what had happened but I might as well had been talking to the door. No reaction. No emotion. Just a silent  pupet of a girl. This is what that asshole did to her!

Aaron told me everything later that night. We lay in bed, holding each other, worrying about Aamara. Liam had still not returned from his fun weekend and we did not want to inform him about all this on the phone. I had given Aamara a sedative after she refused to react to anything for the whole day. She had even refused to eat. I begged her to cry, to talk to me. But still no emotion. Not even a glimmer of pain crossed her face.

I hated Sam so much in this moment. He broke Aaron's trust, hurt Aamara and walked out of our lives without so much as a drop of guilt? The nerve of him!

.............................................................

Liam came home next morning and over breakfast, Aaron and I filled him in. Aamara simply sat where I made her sit in the morning. She hadn't even touched her food. Just sat staring at her plate.  He was quite. He took in all without getting angry or pissed or loosing his calm. When we were done, he said to Aamara," Hei sis, don't you worry about him. Sam's a fighter. He will be fine you know. But he would never have liked to see you like this. Hurting yourself is like hurting him. You know that right?" 

He hugged her tight as tear after tear fell from her eyes.....