The End

I sighed deeply as I hit the record button on my camera…It was time.

“Hi, if you’re watching this video then I guess I committed suicide. I just want to say a few things to some people in my life to help them understand why I’ve chosen to do this.” I took a deep breath before continuing.

“A lot has happened in my life and I know that no one really knew because I never really told anyone. I’ve been in this state since my boyfriend of three years overdosed on drugs. A lot has happened since then. I met the most amazing person ever who helped me so much, only to tear me down again in the end. I rekindled my lost relationship with my older brother only to lose his trust again. I made new friendships too only to have them ripped from me. There’s a trend. Everyone leaves me in the end, now it’s my turn to leave them behind.” My voice was shaking now.

“Jordan… my big brother. Even though you were only a year older than me you were always so much wiser then I could ever dream of being. I’m so sorry I didn’t listen to your advice and maybe if I had I would still be with you. I don’t want this to bring you down so keep being amazing and don’t worry about me I’m finally happy.” I was trying so hard not to cry by this point.

“Mom and Dad…” I was already starting to cry, just thinking about what I could say to them.

“I guess I’ll finally get to see you guys again. I’m sorry I couldn’t look after Jordan but I could barely look after myself after you left us. I guess he has Monica though. You guys would really like her, she’s a sweetheart. I love you and I’ll see you soon.” I smiled weakly before moving on.

 “James… I first want to say thank you for trying to save me when no one else would. You tried your best and I don’t want you to blame yourself for this because it’s no one’s fault but my own.” I stopped to take a deep breath.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t love you the way you wanted me too but you’re like a brother to me and I don’t think I could have loved you even if I was a normal person. You’re a great guy and I promise you that you will find someone who loves you more than I ever could.” I took a minute to wipe my eyes before I continued I took another deep breathe before I said his name.

“Aleks.” I stopped again and just looked stared the camera for a minute deciding where to start. I could say so much.

“I know I didn’t know you very long but in the short time I did you changed my life. I guess I can tell you the truth now. When I first saw you at that stupid party I was interested in your eyes. They reminded me so much of my ex- boyfriend. When we first danced and I saw them up close they had the same soft caring look to them that made be crumble. I’m so sorry that I couldn’t let you go when I saw you with Tiffany that night but something inside of be broke when you kissed her, like a part of me died. I know I never told you but there wasn’t much of me left when we met. Maybe if I would have told you we would be okay and I wouldn’t be so broken. This is why I blame myself. Not you or James or hell, not even Tiffany. I’m the only one who can be blamed.” Tears were freely falling from my eyes now and I didn’t bother wiping them away.

“I love you Aleks, and I swear I always will till death do us part. Don’t let this stop you. Marry Tiffany, have kids and move back to Russia like you always wanted to. Be happy Aleks and remember that you’ll see me again someday.” I smiled at the camera softly.

“Well I guess this is it. This is goodbye.” I stood up and turned off the camera. I stood there holding it my hands for a while before I sat it down on my bedside table. I walked to the bathroom and looked through the cupboard until I found the Tylenol 3s. My hands shook as I took the cover of the small red bottle. I lifted the bottle to my lips still shaking as I felt them slowly slide down my throat. I immediately felt the affect and made my way slowly to my bed. Before lying down to finally die I dug through my bedside drawer, my eyesight starting to blur. I found what I was looking for, a picture Aleks and I had taken the day he gave me the ring. I smiled at it and memories flooded back. I sat on the bed clutching the picture of us close to my chest rocking back and forth tears starting to fall again. I lied on my back still keeping the picture close to my heart as my eyes slowly started to close. I thought I heard the door open and someone call for me but I couldn’t be sure. Even if there was someone there they were too late, I was beyond saving. My eyes were finally closed and I didn’t have the strength to open them again.

I lost all senses and felt myself slip away slowly but surely, thoughts of Aleks still on my mind.