Forever?

The next Morning I woke on the couch, my head still in Aleks’ chest. I knew he was awake because he was softly stroking my hair. I blinked the sleep away, making him realize I was awake.

“Hi” he greeted me, kissing the top of my head sweetly.

“Hey.” I said back, nuzzling him.

“You’re so beautiful when you just woke up.” He laughed, going back to playing with my hair.

“Sarcasm?” I asked jokingly.

“Of course not, you really are.” He reassured.

“Hey losers get up and do something with your lives.” James called from the kitchen.

I reluctantly sat up and walked to the kitchen to see him.

“Nice to see you’re done hibernating.” James joked when he saw me come around the corner, trailed by Aleks.

“whatever.” I laughed pushing his shoulder playfully.

I grabbed something to eat before running up stairs to get dressed. When I got back down James was gone.

“Where did he go?” I asked putting my arms around Aleks’ waist.

“I dunno, Dan picked him up.” He answered pressing his forehead to mine.

I nodded and stole a kiss before pulling away from him and going back to the couch.

“Stop teasing me will you?” he sighed sitting beside me and intertwining his fingers with mine. 

I laughed and apologized only to steal another kiss.

“Hey, you never said if you liked my song.” He said acting hurt.

“Of course I did.” I laughed kissing his check.

“I have something else to give you.” He said pulling small box from his jacket pocket.

I stared at it open mouthed as he sat it in the palm of my hand.

“Open it.” He whispered happily.

I did as I was told, revealing a small diamond ring. Although the rock was small, it shone like all the stars put together.

“I know it’s not much-“he started but I cut him off with a kiss.

“It’s beautiful.” I murmured when we pulled away.

“Just like you.” he said slipping it onto my finger.

I smiled brightly and cuddled my head into his chest.

“I promise to love you forever.” He said, quietly kissing my neck.

All I could think about was how long of a time forever was.