Hospitals

I awoke the next day in a hospital bed. My eyes were still half closed and the room was bright with sunlight.

Looking around I noticed Jordan sitting in a chair across from my      bed, looking out the window as if he was bored. I cleared my throat to get his attention. He stood slowly and walked towards me.

“Where’s Aleks?” I asked, not even bothering to greet my brother.

“I told him not to bother coming here.” He replied stiffly.

“Why?” I asked, getting upset.

“I don’t want him around you. He’s no good.” Jordan said in a matter of fact tone

“He saved my life, Jordan. Something you clearly couldn’t care to do.” I said my voice breaking.

“Yeah, and I thanked him for you. Now forget about him.” He said sternly, getting angry.

“I can’t.” I whispered.

“Why not?” Jordan said loudly.

“Because I love him.” I said even louder.

And with that, Jordan stormed out the door, leaving me alone again.

James picked me up the next day with his rent- a-car. Guess this makes me a horrible best friend.

“Hey, nice ride.” I joked as I crawled into the passenger seat of the old bright yellow Volkswagen.

“Shut up idiot, I’m mad at you.” He answered not even cracking a smile.

“Didn’t see you chasing after me.” I answered stubbornly.

“Didn’t think you were gonna try and kill yourself.” He retorted, silencing me.

The feeling grew awkward and we drove home in silence.