Trust Issues

I woke up in a strange room that definitely wasn’t my own. Looking around I started to remember that I was lying in Aleks’ bed. Although nothing happened last night I still felt dirty, like I had done something wrong. Maybe it was the fact that my brother would kill me if he found out where I spent the night.

“You’re awake!” Aleks exclaimed, breaking into my thoughts. I hadn’t even noticed him enter the room.

“Yup” I said as I stretched my arms above my head and rubbed my eyes.

“What time is it?” I asked, it felt early in the morning.

“Like 12.” He answered

“12… Shit James will be wondering where I am. I don’t want him worried and have him tell Jordan.” I said anxiously jumping off the bed and hurrying to the door.

“I’ll drive you then.” He said pulling a jacket over his shoulders and tying his shoes.

We got to the car and sped back home, neither of us saying a word just concentrating on the road. When we pulled into the drive way I noticed Jordan’s car.

“That’s Jordan’s.” I said, gesturing to the only half decent car around.

“You better go then. You’ll be okay.” He reassured me, giving me a kiss.

I gave him a smile, got out of the car and walked to the front door. Before I could even put my hand on the handle it already was swung open and I met Jordan’s angry eyes.

“Nice of you to show up.” He growled at me as he grabbed my arm and pulled me into the house, slamming the door behind him.

“Where were you?” he asked shoving me onto the couch.

“With Aleks.” I said blatantly, unafraid to meet his blazing eyes.

“Why do you feel the need to go against me?” he asked putting his face close to mine. He must have been getting loud because James came running down the stairs.

“Jordan what are you doing?” James yelled scrambling into the living room where my brother was looming over me.

“She was with Aleks last night. I can’t even think about that scumbag having his hands all over my little sister. He muttered threw gritted teeth.

“At least we know she’s safe, Jordan.” James tried to reason but only got a silencing look.

“Nothing happened with him Jordan!” I reassured him He was acting so butt hurt. Even if something did happen it was none of his business, I was 20 not 14.

“Bullshit.” He simply said storming out of the house. I didn’t dare breathe until I heard his car start to drive away. I was so scared he was going to go after Aleks.

Before I even knew what was happening there were tears steadily flowing from my eyes. I sat there and cried in front of James until I felt his arms around me, much like the first night I came here.

“I-I just wish he understood how I feel.” I sobbed into James chest, wiping my eyes on his shirt.

“He understands that’s the problem. He doesn’t want to lose you like he did the first time. You’re the only family he has left.” James reassured me softly.

“I know.” Was all I could manage before tears started flowing down my cheeks again and I buried my head farther into James’ chest, wishing it was Aleks.