The Moment I Knew

"Listen I didn’t mean that, Gena” James pleaded as I slammed the door and stormed to the front door. I didn’t answer just opened the front door and flew up the stairs to my room. It looked the same as the day I left, my bed still unmade and my curtains closed. There were clothes all over the floor and the dress I wore to the party was hung up on the closet door.I sat on my bed and just remembered how safe I felt when Aleks carried me from the wreck. I groaned and laid my head down on my pillow and blacked out.

I awoke in the middle of the night to hear my ringtone playing loudly. It was a text from a number I didn’t recognize telling me to go outside. Not really caring about what happened to me at this point I obeyed and snuck downstairs and out the door. I texted the mysterious person back telling them I did what I was told. Immediately I was told to go to where my bedroom window was located. I did so, and let them know I did what they said. The person didn’t answer. Instead, I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. I screeched but was silenced with a kiss. The pale light from the moon illuminated a figure that I could never forget. Aleks  just seems to show up in the right place all the time.

“I couldn’t find any rocks to throw at your window, so I thought texting you would suffice.” Aleks joked pulling me in for another kiss.

“Who do you think you are? Romeo?” I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Only if you’ll be my Juliet.” He replied sweetly. I laughed at his corny remark and looked deeper into his dark brown eyes.

“Want to dance?” he asked quietly.

“We don’t have any music.” I laughed taking his hand anyway.

“We’ll just have to make our own” he replied pulling me along.

I put one hand on his shoulder and interlocked the fingers on my other hand with his. he put his other arm around my waist and we rotated slowly under the stars while he hummed ‘O children’ by Nick Cave and the Bad seeds.

“Let’s run away” I whispered into his neck as he finished his song.

“But what about Jordan?” he asked, carefully.

“Who cares about him?” I asked and without giving him time to answer I crushed my lips against his and refused to let him get away. I was in love, even though I thought it would never happen, I was in love