Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I gaze at my breakfast all the fruit dotted around the fruit slice mom has baked me. The blob of yogurt slightly edging towards my cracker. I have to take a photo. It is so neat. I obviously get my needing to be a perfectionist from mom. I post a photo onto instagram and then dig into my lunch or would I say breakfast. Hmm.. Brunch.

“Hey baby” I send to Jai. He replies straight back “Good morning babe” “Got any plans today :*?” “Yeah actually I think I will help unpack more with mom then get a job” I say blushing although he can’t see me. “What will your new job be?” Jai asks curiously. “Oh umm I’m not sure yet” I can’t see the thing saying he is typing so I assume he is busy but then my phone rings “Hi babe” He says “hi Jai!” I giggle “I thought you decided to ignore me hehe” “No, I would never ignore you” He mumbles. “Well you don’t sound so sure” I say trying to hide my annoyed tone. “Well I mean it” He sounds so upset, even when I met him yesterday I know something is bothering him. He won’t tell me. Especially over the phone. I will ask him next time I see him. “Are you still there?” He says “Yeah” I say “sorry”. “I have to go” Jai says suddenly and he doesn’t even wait for me to reply he hangs up.

How rude of him. I thought he wasn’t like the rest but he obviously is. I don’t know what to do. What if he wants to break up with me? I only just moved here. Are future together was hardly started. I need to stop thinking like this, I need to fight back the urge of wanting to cry, and I need to get rid of that bubble in my throat. “Are you okay?” Mom says walking through the door “yes” I fake smile. “Do you want help with more unpacking?” I ask politely. “Well if you could do your room... that would be good” “Sure” I say “I will do the rest of the house” Mom says

The neibours call around about half an hour later and ask if she wants help unpacking “Oh that would be great” I hear mom say from down the stairs. The adults seem to be having such a great time while unpacking. I wish jai would be here to help me unpack and I wish he would take me to town to help me find somewhere to work. He knows the town and places. I’m so mad at him and when I hear my phone bleep I know it’s him. I hardly want to look at it but I do. My fury dies down as the message reads “Sorry for hanging up all of a sudden on the phone it was a mistake” I smile a little but I have lost a little trust in him. I can’t help but feel this is a little white lie.

“I’m going out to find a job, any ideas where I can do so?” I ask hoping he will offer to come with me. But he doesn’t “Well sometimes they look for actresses with experience at the Motato hall, you could probably be there as you are the best actress in the world” I’m not really in the mood for compliments I feel so weak. “Where could I find that?” I ask. “Oh umm” jai replies. “Do you want me to take you?” He says “YES” I reply because that is what I want he finally gets my hint. But of course.. Guess what happens he doesn’t reply to the text after that. He isn’t answering his calls from me. Okay keep your hopes up Ariana maybe he is just starting coming over to yours now I think to myself but I feel like I can’t fool myself.

I’m sick of waiting so I give up. I’m going out to get a job anyway who needs their boyfriend to come along with them anyway. “I’m going out” I say to mom after slapping on some more makeup and picking a smart but casual outfit. “Okay” mom smiles in mid conversation with her friend. I wave and then shut the door behind me. I pitch for a taxi “Motato hall” I say awkwardly smiling at the taxi driver. “You are Ariana Grande?” He says in shock. “Yes” I sigh because I am so used to this. Wait no!! I am not used to this. Not that many people have recognized me here yet. Well as far as I am concerned “How do you know?” I blush “My kids watch your show” “My show?” I repeat “Well you know.. Victorious is it?” He laughs “Yeah” I say. “Anyway where you want me to take you? The taxi driver acts normal “Motato wall” I repeat “Oh yeah” He says.