Chapter 3

Walking down the steps into my dressing room I can’t help but feel really shy. I see my makeup artist in the room with his cute finger sleeve holes and it makes me smile but even he knows something is up. While he applies my makeup he says “I know I shouldn’t ask you this as I am your makeup artist and nothing else... but you seem I don’t know sad? Not yourself” “No I am fine” I say sternly. “Okay” he mumbles knowing I am lieing.

“Cut!” Dan shouts “Ariana why can’t you act today this is take 7 on this simple sentence now pull yourself together CAT!” “Sorry” I say looking to the ground. Normally acting as cat takes my mind off things, makes me feel like a different person and makes me cheery but I just can’t. “Cut” Dan says again even angrier “Ariana pull yourself together please” With this and all the camera men looking at me with their fastrated faces I start crying. I really can’t bear this I feel so upset. I run out of the set and into my dressing room, locking the door behind me.

“Ariana let me in!” Liz shouts from outside my dressing room “open the door!” she strictly says. I am in such a state but I suppose Liz won’t care, she might be able to make me feel a little better. “What was that about? What’s wrong?” Liz says firmly sticking her arm around me as I lock the door shut behind her. I cry into her as she tries to comfort me. “I have something that may cheer you up” Liz says smiling. “What?” I lighten up a bit. “Well I have some news” she seems really excited and happy. “Tell me!” I say suddenly snapping out of my tears. I always feel really nervous when Liz says she needs to tell me something. I have known her for ages and she hardly says she has good news, when she says she has good news it really does mean something.

“Spill the beans” I say starting to feel nervous. “I met this guy!” Liz bursts out. “I’m so happy for you” I say lamely as it makes me want to cry as I thought I had met a guy too. Liz sits there just grinning at me. “What is his name?” I try and seem interested. “That would be telling” she says grabbing her phone out of her pocket. “Pass that here” I scream trying to grab Liz’s phone in laughter.

After five more minutes of Liz messing around with me I start to feel a little mad. “Just tell me” I say with a straight face and more tears flow. “No need to get upset about it” Liz giggles while scuffing my hair. “His name is....” Liz says but then gets disturbed in mid sentence by Dan. “Girls get back on set, this is ridicules” Liz sighs and give me an apologetic look in sarcasm. “Tell you later” she whispers as we leave the room to go back to filming.

Dan can be so annoying. But he is my boss and I suppose he is only getting mad as he works long hard days directing loads of shows from nickelodeon. I feel a red flush knowing how stupid I was earlier not being able to spit out my lines without wanting to burst into tears but right now is lunch break and if I tell myself I will do better after lunch with shooting then I will have to.

“Well done! Finally” Dan says putting his arm around me. I look at him thankfully but I am still very mad at him for getting mad at me for not being able to do my lines. “Sorry, but being the director of this show and it’s hard and a simple line you shouldn’t take so long on it” “it’s okay” I mumble shamefully. “Just wanted to clear that up” Dan smiles. I dig into my lunch, a nice healthy sandwich and some coconut juice.

With that sorted out I feel a lot of weight off my shoulders. Suddenly I remember that Liz hasn’t told me her ‘good news’ properly yet and I am itching to find out about it. I don’t know why but part of me feels happier than earlier but still not complete, I won’t be complete until Jai will reply to me. I take my phone out of my pocket and even though I am scared for what Jai may have replied I know that I have to go onto twitter and check my DMS. But he hasn’t replied. I seriously don’t understand why he would spend so much time wanting me to notice him and marry him and I waste time watching his videos and falling for him yet when I DM him saying I want to get to know him he doesn’t reply and deletes all his tweets that he wrote for me earlier. I don’t even know what to do I just need someone to talk to about it. Oh great here comes Liz she is the right person!

“Liz I need to talk to you” I say “about why I was upset, I think you will understand.” “oh okay” Liz says acting serious. “I need to tell you something as well” she says. “Oh yeah! Tell me first” I say enthusiastically. “So promise you will not look him up and fall in love with him like my last boyfriend” Liz says mockingly. I give her an annoyed look “that was only one, and he was pretty amazing” I giggle. “Fine okay” Liz says “we are well over that one” We both laugh and then as Liz says the name of the guy she has ‘met’. My throat tightens and I can’t find any air to breathe. Honestly it feels like I am drowning in my own shock and upset. “Jai... Jai brooks” Liz says smiling in deep daydream.

Thanks for reading this chapter, I tried to make it a little longer? but anyway sorry I left it on a cliff hanger. mwhaha :* I will post next Sunday! Comment and tell me what you think? or what you reckon will happen next. (: thanks for reading and ilysm.