Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

“Can you hear me?” an ambulance woman shouts into my ear while doing CPR pressing hard on my chest and shattering my ribs. “Yes!” I say quickly before she keeps with the breathing in my mouth. I hate germs. “Oh she is alive” a completely random voice says over me. “What?” I mumble so confused from all the shock and terror. “You crashed your car, it was nothing major but seemed to be hardly breathing and you went unconscious.” “Oh” I say trying to get up but I am really shaking. The ambulance lady grabs hold of me “you best come to hospital to get checked out before you carry on” she smiles. I nod even though I hate hospitals. “Can we ring my mum?” I say panicked. “When we get to the hospital” She speaks softly holding me up.

In the ambulance I fall asleep, it feels so good drifting in and out of dreams I almost forget what my real problems are. I have been fired from my job and lost my best friend Liz over this Jai and oh my god I forgot Jai DMed me. Pressing onto my twitter as quickly as I ever have I read the DMS and try not to pass out this time. “Ariana my DMs to you wouldn’t send but I really like you and I deleted the tweets because you don’t deserve any of the hate and I caused it anyway... Want my number? Love you.” Part of me feels the happiest because of this but then I feel annoyed that he didn’t send the DM earlier because then I wouldn’t have been sad at work and wouldn’t have done all that and got fired. I am so scared and it’s his entire fault I am in this car crash.

Thinking deeper about it well it can’t be his fault as it was me who did and reacted all like I did. It’s actually my fault. I can’t blame him. I am still shocked and not sure about how I am feeling so I will wait till later to reply and anyway he made me wait long enough for him to reply.

 “Hello?” I hear mum say down the phone even though the signal is a bit fuzzy. “Mum!” “Ariana?” “Yes” I giggle flatly. “Where are you?”  “umm mum about that...” I start “Ariana are you there?” Joan moans. “Yes, sorry signal isn’t good” “come to the hospital?” “What why would I go there?” Joan sounds worried. “I am in the ambulance” I mumble. “What, I can’t hear you Ariana you will have to talk louder” “I am in the ambulance” I shout. I can hear mum starting to cry. “What happened my baby?” are you okay? Ariana? I am on my way I will meet you at the local hospital” And mum is off the line.

“We are here!” The ambulance lady holds me carefully guiding me out of my comfortable seat and holding me all the way till we get into a small hospital room. “I need to examine you” The nurse says coming into the room. I hate nurses but I positively reply “no need for that” as if that would fool her. “I have been sent to examine you” the nurse repeats. “Okay then” I sigh. I know I am like a grown up now but I wish my mum was here.

After a few tests have been run and an x-ray to see how my ribs are as I had them pressed to gain my conscious which I should be thankful for and of course I am but urrg it has suddenly started to really hurt now. “Ariana” My mum rums into the room and gives me a gentle hug. “Mum” I smile “finally you are here.” “Oh Ariana, the ambulance lady told me what happened. It was lucky she was driving by and got stopped by a stranger saying they just saw someone crash which was you and oh love you must be more careful driving I was so worried when you rang me” “wow mum might want to stop for a breath” I joke as she just said so much motherly stuff. Mum smiles and gives me another hug.

The nurse finally walks in to tell us the results. “Well” she starts “it seems that you just had bad shock and your ribs will ache for a few days because of the CPR done but they should heal at their own cause” “thanks” I smile knowing that nothing major is wrong. “We will need to see your driving licence and ask you a few questions then you are free to leave” The nurse smiles kindly. “Okay thanks” I say again.

The few questions are actually quite a lot just simple ones like “was there any car that made you crash?” “Did you crash on purpose” “we need to see your driving licence to see if you are allowed to drive” ect but silly ones. Oh well me and Mum are walking out now and everything is fine, except I haven’t told her about being fired from my job on nickelodeon yet.

“So you finished early on set today” Joan smiles and adds “we should do something together, we hardly ever get opportunities to spend time together, it’s nice you are out early.” “Umm yeah” I say biting my lip nervously. “Oh it’s okay if you don’t want to, I understand you are tired” Joan mumbles. “No mum I really do” I try a bit more enthusiastically. “Is something wrong?” Joan questions. “Yes, I have to tell you something” I bite into my lip so hard that I can feel blood fill my mouth a little. “I walked out of my job at nickelodeon” I whisper to mum. By the expression on her face I know what she is going to do next.