Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Luke answers the door, he hardly even looks at me. I nervously say “Is Jai in?” and looking at his phone, Luke says “Yes just upstairs in his room” and he is gone into the lounge again. Of course I don’t know which one Jai’s room is but I don’t mention that and I make my way up the stairs. I peer through a door of which I see Jai lying on his bed looking at his phone but he looks worried and maybe upset. I can’t hold back. I even forget to knock.

“Jai” I squeal running straight onto his bed and basically flattening him. He looks like he is about to burst into tears as he whispers “Ariana” and hugs me tightly back. “What are you doing here?” He says sitting up and putting his arm around my waist. “Me and mom live here now” I softly mention but his face expression is priceless to be honest and I start laughing. “You aren’t serious?” He says shocked and squeezing me so tight I feel like I may burst a gut or something. “Yes” I say still giggling. “Why didn’t you tell me?” He says sounding confused and maybe hurt. “I wanted it to be a surprise silly!” I admit. He doesn’t reply he just looks up into my eyes and for a moment I feel like he is going to kiss me but then someone comes crashing through the door.

“Beau” Jai shouts annoyed. “Holy shit” Beau says looking totally shocked. “Why is Ariana Grande in our house?” He screams running up to me and giving me a big hug. “Get off her” Jai says looking irritated. “What’s wrong with him?” Beau laughs to me. I smile and catch Jai’s eyes. “Luke Luke Luke” He goes shouting down the stairs. “Do you want to go out somewhere?” Jai suggests but I hardly have time to reply because now Luke comes crashing through the door alongside Beau. “Omg you aren’t even kidding” Luke screeches “Hi” I blush “Ariana what are you doing here? How did you get in?” Luke says in total shock. “You let me in and told me Jai was upstairs” I say curiously. “I didn’t know that was you” he looks to wide eyed. “I thought it was Hay” Luke says before Jai cuts him off and shouts “Ariana lets go out” I nod my head but I don’t understand what is going on.

“Where are we going?” I say as Jai pulls me out of the house in a rush. “Sorry, my brothers are so annoying sometimes” Jai complains. “No they aren’t” I stay sternly “I wanted to meet them” I say shaking my head at Jai and maybe scowling a little. Though I can’t stay mad at him. He hugs me and says “Sorry” Before I say “It’s okay, you are what matters to me so where do you want to go?” “I can show you around if you want?” He shrugs his shoulders in a cute gesture and nervously bites his lip as he holds my hand. His tense arm seems to relax when I don’t reject it. Why would I reject it?

We laugh so much and time flies so quickly. It gets to 6pm and I feel really tired so I mention “I should be getting home now” and he says “okay, I will see you tomorrow? I am going to walk you home though” He says looking at me, his brown eyes glistening like stars on a dark night. We start to wonder and I feel more and more exhausted each step and my heels are starting to rub really badly from all this walking around. “Are you okay? You seem to be walking funny” Jai says casually but I can tell he looks worried. I giggle and say “Just my heels are rubbing” He takes off his ugg boots and passes them to me. He is so mysterious I can’t figure it out. “You aren’t going to wear my heels are you?” I say and then realise how stupid I sound. We both start laughing so much and no, he dosen’t wear my heels he walks bear foot for ages. It is so cute “You can have your shoes back” I say feeling bad about him not wearing any. “No its fine” He says still smiling like crazy while he carries my heels for me.

“I’m surprised no paparazi’s have found us yet” I say and by the way his face goes from a smile to a shocked nervous look I can tell I have said something wrong. He swallows hard and says “I forgot about that.” I am so confused. Is he ashamed to be with me? This question won’t get out of my head and it slips out by accident. “No!” Jai says straight away pulling my face immediately to his “I love you” He whispers. My heart beats like crazy and just to top it he leans forward and kisses me. Hand in hand, lips on lips, body to body I know he is a keeper.

He shyly smiles when I finally pull away. I don’t know what to say to him now. Maybe thank you? But that might seem ab-normal. “My house is just about five more minutes away” I look at him and smile deeply. He glows a little pink and says “okay” I take his hand again and squeeze it again “Thanks for giving me a brief tour today” I giggle and he shrugs his shoulders, damn I love it when he does that. And says “anytime” “We are such a long way from each other” He sighs. “No we aren’t, maybe a longish walk but in a car only twenty minutes” I push. “Well yeah a lot closer than before” He jokes as of course I lived in LA before.

“So glad I can finally see you in person” I let slip out. “You are just as perfect as I thought” He compliments as my checks glow pink. As we arrive at my house pathway I mumble “Here” and he embraces me closely and kisses me gently as my arm twines around his and my hand pats him. I feel like we won’t see each other for ages but I know we will be seeing each other again tomorrow.

“Hi mom” I chant happily as I walk into the house. She doesn’t reply. The house is still empty like she hasn’t unpacked anything. It is quite a big house but yeah I can’t find her anywhere. But then I find a note on the floor “I am with the new neibours, be back at 6pm” I smile knowing that hopefully my mom has made some new friends which sounds silly but I think she was worried about that. She is ten minutes late when she walks in and beams “Hi Ari” “mom” I hug her “Shall we unpack?” “Yes” I can see she has some shopping bags in her hands with gorgeous food in. “Spent some time with all the neibours today, they are all so lovely. One of them came shopping with me as they needed to as well” Mom says “Well we have something to put in our fridge now!” I laugh. “Shall we have dinner before we unpack?” Mom asks “yes please” I reply.

After dinner we get everything out the crates. There are quite a few and we start off with the lounge then we do the kitchen. We slowly do quite a bit before we both get too tired. “How was Jai?” Mom says as she complely forgot. “Amazing” I blush “Good! Sorry I forgot, I am so tired” Mom says. “That’s okay. Shall we call it a day? We can unpack more tomorrow?” I suggest “Yes, I really need to sleep” Mom says her eyes already shutting “I also need to buy loads of new furniture for this house and I need to paint it” Mom says like in a panic. “We can pay someone else to paint it” I laugh that’s what we always do. “But I have a few weeks till I have to start work” Mom says. “But you’re right.”

I go for a really early night and fall asleep straight away in my basic room with just a double bed in for me but damn this bed is comfy I hardly get time to admire it before my eyes shut and my brain turns off, I am asleep. I wake up to the smell of food. Mom must be up already. I look at the clock and to my surprise it is 11:30am. I never sleep in this late. I feel so strange. Anyway a new day is in store and I need to count my blessings and know I am beautiful. Okay that’s a random thing to say.

I really miss my studio. I have to be brave and call republic records today. Got a job, get a new record to sign me if republic records dosen’t anymore. I need to get back on my feet. Make mom proud, make Jai proud. “oh Jai” I say in a daydream.. My chin in the palm of my hands. Mom bursts through the door disturbing my thoughts “Lunch is ready” She says smiling “Ah you are already up!” Mom chuckles. “Coming” I say raging into laughter at my mom, she is so funny and cute omg. That is my idol right there. My mom.