Chapter 7

“Oh Ariana, if only I could be lying with you now, hugging you tight and telling you how much I love you” Jai sends “yeah” I reply not enthusiastically at all. “I need to ask you something.” I send worried “yes what?” Jai says with about 10 question marks followed after when I don’t reply. I am about to start typing when my door opens.

I suspiciously mumble “Hello” but the person I can hear is walking up my stairs towards my room. Oh crap! I left the house door unlocked what if it is paparazzi? I can’t go out looking like this. They already have enough embarrassing pictures it’s not fair I say getting myself into a state.

My door opens and I dare looking with the corner of my eye to see the person who awaits but it’s a comforting figure running up into my arms. “Oh mum” I whisper. Mum is crying practically harder than me. “I don’t know what we can do” Mum tries to get out with in sobs of tears and I start sobbing with her as it is my entire fault. “Ring Frankie” I mumble knowing that he always makes me laugh and smile. “Hello?” mum tries to control her flow of tears but you can still hear the sadness and Frankie says “mum?” “I am coming over right now” and he puts the phone down. By the way he heard Joan sad he obviously knows something is up.

Frankie is taking his time but he must have been in town on his way anyway maybe he had a break from his shows and wanted to surprise us and with that call he knew he had to come? Oh well, atleast Frankie is coming and that matters to me. I forget all about Jai, he must be messaging and worrying about me like crazy as I am not replying but my mum needs me right now and I need her.

My arms are around mum, me comforting her. Shouldn’t she be comforting me? What is she upset about anyway? I am the one that has lost my job. In total confusion I ask “Mum what is wrong?” She just catches my eye for two seconds and more pain rises on her face. I can’t bare to see her so upset. I hope Frankie will come soon. I can’t escape anyway because there are so many paps outside. Oh I can’t cope all those horrid photos online. I start crying hard again though it feels like there should be no more tears left to fall.

There is a knock on the door, I know it could be anyone but I don’t think and stupidly just ran at full speed and open it almost falling into the person’s arms without thinking.. Thank god is Frankie though. I slam the door shut behind him and we run upstairs to talk to each other and mum. “I am so glad you’re here” I whisper to Frankie placing my head onto his shoulders. He is probably debating weather to make a joke and try cheer the mood up but he choses the right decision to stay quiet.

“Tell me everything” Frankie says after a few minutes of silence. “Okay” I say tears filling up eyes again “I walked out of my job at nickelodeon and well I cried and paparazzi got it and everyone is hating on me and well I don’t know why mum is so upset?” I burst out “oh” Frankie says putting his arms around me. I am crying hysterically and mum calms herself down a bit and starts to talk to me to reassure me. “Sorry I couldn’t stop crying” Mum admits “I have something very bad to tell you” Mum says “what?” Frankie shouts “well” “Well what?” My flow off tears pauses while I am so scaresly wanting to know what mum is talking about. “We are moving to Melbourne”

Part of my lights up and I start to smile “Why are you smiling?” Mum looks concerned. “Jai lives there” it just slips out they don’t even know who Jai is. “Who is Jai?” My mum demands. “A guy I met online, he is kind of famous” I whisper “okay...” Frankie says. He isn’t as excited as I thought he would be. “Why are we moving from America to Australia though mum... it makes no sense?” “I got offered a good job out there.. I know it is a little crazy but I have been having some trouble living in this flat lately and well Ariana I knew you were working here so I was considering you stay here but now today you told me you got fired I think it would be a good fresh start for you to get away from the people and paps and everything and you Frankie you are welcome to come” Mum me and Frankie all hug and we hug for ages without a word and suddenly mum bursts out “And we will get a proper big house with a pool!” I find myself smiling and catching Frankie’s eye but he doesn’t look so happy.

“I hope you two are okay with it, now I know something good is coming our way though” Mum smiles “sorry for breaking down” “it’s okay, me too” I sigh. That evening we all just snuggle on the sofa watching our favourite shows and well at the end of the evening everything seems back to normal and Frankie is playing everything making me laugh like usual. I look at my phone and see a message from Liz and I get so worked up I don’t know what it will say. So many messages from Jai too. I should check the one from Liz though..

Suspiciously my finger hovers over Liz’s text should I dare read it? But I can’t resist. I press down. My face suddenly drops and Frankie stops in mid sentence and slowly makes his way towards me “What is it?” he asks gently. I shove my phone in his hands and cross my arms. “We had this massive argument at set today” “oh” Frankie says still looking down reading through the messages. My gaze at him suddenly gets disturbed by a loud banging at the door.

I start running towards it like I normally would but mum grabs me “It could be anyone” Mum says protectively “best not get it” I can see the worry lines on her forehead. “We might as well see that it is atleast” I say pushy. “Ariana” Mum raises her eyebrow at me. “Okay okay” I grouse looking to the floor.

“Let me in Ariana!” A voice booms through the voice sending shivers down my shoulders. I know who that voice belongs too. “Liz” I growl under my breath. “Oh” Mum smiles no longer thinking it is someone here to hurt us. “No” I scream at mum as she makes her way to the door. “It is only Liz?” Mum smiles at me kindly. “I had an argument with her today” It slips out and so does a tear rolling down my face. “I can hear you in there and I won’t leave I will stay here” She says evilly like she would her character Jade. For some reason I know she means that too.