Chapter 14 - Home Sweet Home

Chapter 14

"What is this?" I asked, staring down at it in shock.

"A promise. That I will always love you. And that when you get back, we'll wed," he whispered, putting the ring on my finger.

"You make it so hard to leave you," I chuckled. "I will always love you." I pressed a kiss to his lips before pulling away and moving over towards Gandalf. We took off towards Dale and I looked up at the city, seeing people watch us go by. A horse in the distance caught my eye and I recognized the blonde head of the person that sat upon it. "Keep going. I'll catch up with you," I told Gandalf as I jumped off my horse. Turning into my wolf, I took off, running straight for the horse. I quickly caught up, running past it and turning, making the rider force the horse to stop. Legolas pulled his sword out, ready to fight, but I changed into my human form, standing up straight. "You didn't actually think I would let you leave without saying goodbye, did you?" I called as he put his sword away.

"How did you know I was leaving?" He asked, guiding his horse toward me.

"Father told me. He also said that I was welcomed back into the kingdom, if I wanted."

"Will you? Go back, I mean."

I shook my head, "no. I have a new home now. What about you? Father says you're not coming back. How long will you be gone?"

"I don't know."

"Well, don't be a stranger. You're always welcome in my home. Wherever it may be," I told him with a smile. Turning back into my wolf form, I made my way back to Gandalf, who had gone quite a ways since I left and we continued on our journey home.

***

"Ah, the borders of the Shire. It is here I must leave you," Gandalf said as we finally reached the border and I smiled, knowing I would be seeing Bilbo soon.

"That's a shame," I commented, the smile dropping from my face slightly. "I quite liked having a Wizard around. Seems they bring good luck."

"You don't really suppose, do you, that all your adventures and escapes were managed by luck? Magic rings should not be used lightly, Almithara. Don't take me for a fool. I know you found one in the Goblin tunnels. And I've kept my eye on you ever since."

I felt my cheeks heat up, "well, thank goodness. Farewell, Gandalf." Holding my hand out, he grabbed onto it, shaking it. Tears started to form in my eyes, so I quickly turned away, walking towards the Shire. As I came over a hill, I could see all of Hobbiton in front of me with Hobbits mingling around and doing their everyday tasks. As I made my way to Bag End, the other Hobbits would stare, just like they had when I first walked into the Shire. I stopped in front of the door to the familiar Hobbit hole, knocking on the door. It swung open to reveal a healthy-looking Bilbo Baggins. A smile lit my face and I quickly dropped the stuff I was holding to hug him. "Oh, Bilbo! I've missed you so much!"

He laughed, "And I, you, my dear."

"You look a lot better than the last time I saw you. You look healthier," I said, standing back so I could get a good look at him.

"I am. Lord Elrond made sure I was back to perfect condition before letting me leave Rivendell. He's a good man."

"Yes, he is." I bent down to pick up my stuff and he did too, furrowing his eyebrows at the shield I had.

"What is all of this stuff?" He asked.

"Oh, I have so much to tell you. But first, I brought you a gift." Pulling the ring out of my pocket, I placed the ring in his hand. "I found this on my journey and thought you might like it."

"My dear, Almithara. It's magnificent, but I can't accept this. It is yours," he said, putting it back in my hand.

"No, it is yours now." 

THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER GUYS!! THIS IS THE END!!

I just want to say thank you so much for your guys' support! The votes and the comments from you guys, I love it! And for all of you who kept coming back and reading the updates and then reading the new books when I posted them! I seriously can't thank you guys enough!

I was really worried about posting this series because it's the first time I've ever posted any of my works anywhere or even let anyone see them. But the feedback and support that I received from doing it is absolutely amazing! I really hope that you guys try reading my other books and tell your friends about my stories.

I hope you all have enjoyed the trilogy! And for the last time:

I OWN NOTHING BUT MY CHARACTER!!