Chapter 7 - The Battle for the Mountain

Chapter 7

I could see that my father was hesitant to let his people fight, but as he looked back at me and saw the worry on my face, I could tell he was giving in. With a sigh, he raised his hand and a group of Elves broke away from the rest of the army, jumping over the Dwarves and swinging their swords at the Orcs. The battle had officially started. As the Elves worked on knocking out the first wave of Orcs, the Dwarves got up, fighting off the next one. Dain yelled out for the rest of his army to fight and he moved forward on his pig, swinging at oncoming Orcs. Another horn blew and I looked around as my father ordered the archers to arm themselves. A third horn blew, followed by shouting in Black Speech. My head whipped around to look at the city of Dale. "Azog," I muttered, eyes going wide. "He's trying to cut us off!" I yelled out, loud enough for Gandalf to hear. Trolls manned by Orcs appeared from the holes in the ground, armed with boulders as they headed for the city.

"To the city!" Gandalf yelled and I jumped off the side of my father's Elk, despite his protests, changing into my wolf form as I followed Gandalf. When I got close enough to him, I loud out a small bark and he turned his head, seeing me approach. I stopped long enough for him to jump on my back before continuing towards Dale. The trolls stopped and got down on all four as the Orcs slung boulders at the walls of the city. As the walls crumbled, the Orcs invaded the city. I could hear the people screaming, which urged me to run faster. We made it into the city and Gandalf jumped off of my back, swinging his sword and staff at the Orcs closest to him. Grabbing an Orc around the torso with my teeth, I shook my head back and forth, ripping him in half. I spit his body out of my mouth as several more Orcs came at me. Hooves were heard behind me, followed by a thud. Turning my head, I saw that my father's Elk had been hit with an arrow and was on the ground. My father was crouched a few feet away, surrounded by Orcs. Letting out a growl, I ran towards the group, jumping over an Orc and changing back into my human form. As I landed, I pulled my sword out, ready to battle. The Orcs charged at us and we both moved in different directions, swinging our swords. I hadn't fought like this in over two hundred years, so it came as a bit of a shock to me that I was able to do it so easily.

"You fight just like your mother," I heard my father yell.

"How's that?" I replied, taking the head off of an Orc.

"Dirty." I could hear a slight chuckle in his tone and a smile made its way onto my face. More Elves showed up as we finished off the last of the Orcs surrounding us. The Orcs began falling back around us, heading out of the city, toward the Mountain. Horns blew, signaling for the Orcs to attack the Dwarves, who had fallen back to the Mountain. As the Orcs began advancing on them, another horn blew, except this one sounded different.

"Thorin."

Sorry the update is so late! I started writing a new story and started watching Game of Thrones for the first time when I REALLY shouldn't have. I have a bunch of other stories that I need to write and a bunch of shows that I need to catch up on. I'll try to write my new story while keeping up with posting new chapters!

I OWN NOTHING BUT MY CHARACTER!!