Chapter 11 - Mithril

Chapter 11

My head whipped around at the sound and I looked down at Kili, who opened his eyes, breathing heavily.

"Kili?" He turned his head at the sound of my voice, sitting up.

"Almi," he breathed, a smile on his face. Lunging forward, I wrapped my arms around his neck, holding him as tight as I could. He chuckled slightly, wrapping his own arms around me. Moving back, I looked at him, confused.

"I don't understand. I saw him stab you. How are you alive?" I questioned. A small smile lit his face as he moved his shirt to the side, revealing the shirt of armor Thorin had given me. "Mithril. You wore it," I whispered, flashing back.

*Flashback*

Standing beside my bed, I looked down at Mithril; the shirt of armor Thorin had given me earlier today. Even though the dragon-sickness was taking over, he was in his right mind when he gave it to me. If he wasn't, I don't think he would have cared to give this to me. There was a knock at my door, and I called out for them to come in. As the door opened, I turned my head, seeing Kili.

"You wanted to talk to me?" He questioned, shutting the door behind him.

I nodded, "yes."

"What about?"

"Tomorrow. About the war that's about to happen." I paused and he remained silent, waiting for me to go on. "I want you to wear this. Under your armor."

"What?"

"I know Thorin gave it to me as a gift, but I want you to wear it. I have a feeling this war is going to be a lot bigger than we thought, so I need to know that you'll be safe out there," I explained.

"And what about you? I know you well enough to know that you're not just going to sit inside this mountain and hide while the rest of us are out there risking our lives. You're going to fight, whether it be with us or your own people. And who's to say that you won't get hurt? You need to wear this, not me. If either of us is going to make it out of this war alive, it's going to be you."

"You're right. I'm not going to sit in this mountain and hide. I'm going to be out there, fighting. And there will be times when I get hurt, but I know that I'll be safe. I have been a warrior for almost three thousand years, I am a great fighter. Not to mention, I do turn into a wolf, which gives me a slight advantage. But I also know my father. He may have banished me two hundred years ago, but I am his only daughter; his first born. He will protect me even if it means shedding more Elvish blood than necessary. It would make me worry less about you if you wore this tomorrow. Please, Kili. I need to know that you'll be safe," I pleaded. Kili stared at me for a moment before reaching up and pulling me towards him, his lips on mine. Pulling away, I looked up at him. "Does that mean you'll wear it?"

"I'll think about it," he chuckled.

"That's good enough for me," I mumbled, pressing my lips to his again.

*End of Flashback*

Well, now you know the answer. KILI'S ALIVE!!! Such a plot twist!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I know they've all been short, but there aren't that many in this book, so I had to make them short in order to stretch it out. And guess what?! THERE'S ONLY 3 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT! *sad face* You guys have been so great to me :)

I OWN NOTHING BUT MY CHARACTER!!