Chapter 11.2 Love affair

Matteo's hired car was waiting for them. They went to one of Singapore's most prestigious restaurant for a dinner, the Waku Ghin at Marina Bay Sands.

"You all right, Sarah?" Matteo asked as he caught the tense expression on her face.

Sarah nodded. "Kinakabahan ng konti."

"You don't still have a thing about my brother, do you?"

"Si Paolo?" The questioned startled her. Paolo had been just a close friend. She had never been serious about him. "Sigurado akong wala." she said with the utmost assurance.

"Good. Then there's no need para kabahan ka," he said.

"Ayos lang ako."

"Sinungaling." It was said quietly. His eyes scanning her face before coming to rest on her mouth. "It is just the unknown that puts that touch of fear in your eyes, Sarah," he said softly. "Or are you scared of how it could be if you let it happen."

"Ano?"

"Huwag mong sabihin na hindi mo naramdaman ito dahil hindi ako maniniwala sa'yo. I've seen the reflection of what I feel in your eyes," he said roughly. "You wonder what it would feel like to be close to me, Sarah. You can't deny it. Gusto mo ako kagaya ng pagkagusto ko sa'yo."

She stared at him with a questioning look.

"It's the most natural thing in the world para sa isang lalaki at babae na maakit sa isa't isa. Walang mali doon. Our physical chemistry is so hot. It's sizzling."

"You're talking about an affair." She couldn't believe this conversation was taking place.

"I'm talking about enjoyment. The giving and receiving of pleasure," he said softly. "Sarah, gusto kita. Inaamin ko. I have not felt like this in a long, long time. We could be good together. I could make you want me in a way you've never wanted a man before."

"Matteo....."

"What was his name, Sarah? Who was Gabby's father?" He asked with a sudden intensity. "Whatever he meant to you, whatever it was like, with me it will be better."

Anger combined with humiliation at her lack of experience, understanding or sophistication. It had all been trying to manipulate her to his will.

First, his forcing her to break off the engagement with Paolo. Second, his persistence she works for him to be his personal assistant. Now, he was propositioning that they start an affair.

How dare he? 

How dare he assume she was just waiting to fall into his arms like an overripe mango?