Sophomore

Sophomore year, new classes, new songs, and new people. I went to my locker, got my books out for my next class and turned around when I heard someone come up to me.
Jbi: Hello, girl from glee club that no one cares about.
A: Um, excuse m-
Jbi: What was summer like without your little green shadow?
A: Rory?
Jbi: Do you miss him? Do you-
I threw JBI against a locker and he got all scared.
A: If you ever mention that name around me again, I will rip that ugly ass afro off of your head.
Jbi: You're so hot.
Oh did I forget to mention? JBI is a total horny ass weird nerd who creeps everyone out at school, thank god he's a senior and that he's not going to be here for my next 2 years.
A: Stop it you pervy ass troll!
I let go of him once I saw that he was staring at my boobs. I walked away, pissed.

So summer, kind of a bummer for me. Rory told me he'd stay in touch, but never texted me once. I looked on Facebook one day and saw a picture of him and some other girl, kissing. After punching my pillow a million times, I deleted all of my pictures of him and his contact. Any time someone would bring him up, I would just death stare them. Surprisingly, I never cried once about him, he isn't worth it.

Mr. S: Glee!!!!!
*cheers and whoops*
I'm so glad to be back in this room. I missed all of the people and I was actually looking forward to new students. Since we're the coolest club in school now, auditions shouldn't be a problem. Mr. Shue brought on the new topic now, our newest member, Wade "Unique" Adams. He's transgender and he used to go to Carmel High aka Vocal Adrenaline. We all clapped after he introduced himself or herself, I'd rather identify him as a woman since that's what he wants to be. Everyone clapped except Tina, Blaine, and Brittany. Oh and by the way, Brittany was held back, she's suppose to be in college, but she's a senior again.
Mr. S: Guys...where's the love?
Blaine: The competition for the new Rachel is just so intense.
The new Rachel? God does everything have to be a competition for them? I just rolled my eyes at Blaine's statement.
Mr. S: Ok I don't want to hear any more of this new Rachel stuff. *sighs*

Lunchtime, at least I know where I'm sitting now. Popular table, a lot has changed since last year, no slushies, no bullies, and now we're known as popular. I'll say that it's nice, I did really hate the stinging in my eyes when I got slushied, but I didn't exactly like being popular either. I'm not what you'd call "social" especially with the popular kids. Artie, Tina, Blaine, and Brittany were talking about who the new Rachel was as a girl in a cute little and floral skirt walked up to the table.
Girl: You guys are the glee club, right?
A: Yes, yes we are. Who are you?
Marley: I'm Marley, I'm a sophomore, and I'm gonna try out.
Tina made a snarky comment at Marley and Marley just walked away. I turned to Tina and gave her a wtf look. Unique came over to the table with a full face of makeup on. Honestly I didn't mind her makeup, but apparently everyone else did because Sam and Artie started to silently yell at her and told her to take the makeup off. Once Unique left, I kicked Sam in the shin. He looked at me all confused and I just gave him a disappointed look. Kitty and her crew came over and sat down with us, honestly I hate that bitch. She is like a blonde Santana Lopez, but more white girl. Her and her crew started to insult the new lunch lady because of her weight, yes she was big, but that didn't mean they had to make fun of her. All of the glee people started to awkwardly laugh, we didn't agree with what they were doing. I didn't laugh, I just looked down at my food and ignored what they were saying. Brittany insulted the lunch lady as well, but by the way she said it, I don't think it was meant to be an insult. I continued to look down at my food as Artie was forced to go along with what they were doing. I was honestly so disappointed in all of them. I wish Finn was here to talk some sense into all of them.

Alright, auditions. First few were, well honestly, they sucked ass. Then someone good came in. His name was Jake, just Jake. He sang The Fray's Never Say Never. He was really good, until Mr. Shue cut him off. He threw a music stand and then left, pissed. After that Marley came on. She sang New York State Of Mind written by Billy Joel and popularized by Barbra Streisand. I don't know what it is, but I have a really good feeling about her. Boy was I right! She was amazing! If anything she should be the new Rachel.

Here we go, Artie's gonna reveal who the new Rachel is. Drumroll anyone? Blaine. Blaine is the new Rachel. Then Marley walked in with Mr. Shue.
Mr. S: Let's give it up for our newest member Marley Rose!
We all cheered and clapped. I'm guessing she wasn't the richest of girls because when Sugar asked her where she got her shirt, she got all nervous.

Lunch time again, but now it's with Marley. I sat next to her and we talked about whatever. She's actually a really sweet and funny girl, I think we're gonna be really good friends. Suddenly Kitty and her crew started to make fun of the lunch lady again and Marley got super defensive.
K: Why do you care anyway?
M: Because she's my mom.
She walked away on the verge of tears as me and Sam shared a look. After lunch me and Sam both agreed to go after her and beg her not to quit. I talked to her in the girls locker room once, but I don't think it exactly worked.
A: Marley!
M: *sighs* Hi, Arica.
A: Look I'm really sorry about what happened at lunch.
M: Look I just-
A:I know what you're going through. My mom is a waitress and at all of my old schools people would make fun of me because I was poor. I hate Kitty and all of those popular people and I'd much rather sit with you than any of those other people.
M: I don't know, the way you were talking about my mom I just don't know if I wanna be in glee club anymore.
A: Marley I'm really-
M: *walks away*

Sam tried this time with the entire glee club and she finally warmed up. She did have a condition though, not to be included with the popular guys and Kitty at lunch anymore. Suddenly Kitty and the popular guys came up to us and slushied Unique and Marley, cherry, one of the worst. I guess we weren't part of the cool kids anymore, good.