Chapter 29

~Rose

She looked exactly how I remembered her. She was slightly shorter than Matt but older than him and Nate by three years. Matt had numerously compared me to her scary, cunning and deathly charming attitude. He said that was the reason why I didn't fear her much and that we should have been sisters.

I was still uneasy around her. She almost killed Diana just for submission. And she looked at us like a shark would to a tray of blood sausages. Of course, I'd never show it on my face.

Nate's expression turned horrified and he silently backed away from her a few steps. He knew he couldn't escape right now. Not with so many people ready to stop him. He wouldn't dare.

At that moment, Adrianna appeared. Probably wondering why we weren't fighting anymore. Her eyes landed on mine. I smirked and in return could almost hear her teeth grinding together.

She opened her mouth to snap something, but then noticed Callie staring at her in amusement. "And who the hell are you?"

Callie tilted her head at her voice and remained silent. 

"I believe I asked you a question."

She still didn't answer. But gradually, a sneer tilted her mouth upwards. She started chuckling. Nobody in the room moved. Her laugh went on, like thunder rumbling.

Then abruptly, she stopped. As if controlled by a switch, her emotion changed from mocking and humorous to completely dangerously calm. I could see the colors in her eyes swirling.

"What, are you all of a sudden mute?" Adrianna snapped. "You know, if I knew you'd all be a waste of my time I wouldn't have bothered. I would have just killed you all." She clapped her hands together. "How does that sound, Rosie?"

"Sounds like you've got a stick shoved firmly up your a** and now you can't even walk right," Damien answered instead, arms crossed over his chest. Adrianna's eyes flashed to his. An evil smirk crept up his face. "Too detailed?"

"Actually that sounds unbelieveably accurate," I quiped. 

She stared at me, noticing how many people were on my side. Her eyes washed over every face. From Callie's hard expression with dislike dancing in her eyes, Matt's identical emerald gaze that carried a tired firmness, Nate's burning look of pure hatred to Damien's viciously irritated sneer, Joe's equally hard yet contained expression and my own seemingly blank one. But on the inside, there was fire. 

I held her gaze as she cast her eyes towards me again. "You're all pathetic. You think love and loyalty conquers all? That you're invincible with these lowlives on your side? Trust me, it's a poison. You're better off on your own, because the only one you can count on to fight and not back down is yourself."

"You're wrong," I insisted. I stepped closer. "The ties that bond us together are stronger than you'll ever be. Love is power."

A growl rumbled from the back of her throat. In the darkness of the factory, her red eyes started glowing. Brighter, brighter. Until they were bright enough for us all to wince.

Another red glow originating from her heart started spreading out in all directions, each one sent further with the beating of her heart. It rapidly increased in size, getting brighter with size.

I had to squint and shield my eyes, half-turning my head away from her. She raised her face to the ceiling, glowing brighter.

I knew from the start that we did not want to make contact with that red wave of rage. But it was too late to move. Suddenly, the wave had expanded by twenty feet, encasing us in it.