Chapter 22

~Rose

I face-palmed, this time literally. While Diana stared at Damien and Damien stared at Diana and Joe stared at both of them, I stared up at the ceiling in exasperation.

A vampire and a werewolf...Well this would have been interesting if it wasn't Diana. Knowing the Alpha, he was going to take her away from me immediately.

Damien took a step towards her but she instinctively held her hand out, causing him to stop. "Don't come any closer," she warned.

"My mate," he went on with his weird wolfy nonsense. "My beautiful other half—"

"Is a freaking vampire!" She interrupted. "Vampire's and werewolves do not mix, you must have mistaken me for someone else."

He looked angry again. "How could I mistake the only person in the world who was made just for me?"

"I'm—"

"Mine."

"No, I'm—"

"Going to come back to my pack with me." He started towards her again. She backed away with each step he took.

"Will you—?!"

"Kiss you? Yes, yes I will. After we solve this crisis at the pack." She was just within his reach before she toppled backwards onto the couch behind her. He had led her into the living room where Abby now bolted up from the couch.

"Who the—"

"Wolf Alpha I made a deal with, now he found his mate," I interrupted her. I waved a hand dismissively when she gaped at me. "Long story."

Diana scrambled backwards further down the couch to get away from him, but he suddenly lurched forward like a snake and grabbed her wrist. She gasped as she (probably) felt those signature sparks at the skin contact that indicated it's your mate you're touching. I don't know how I know, I just do. Leave it at that.

Damien had paused too and now he closed his eyes, savoring the feeling. "I have been searching for you, Luna," he whispered huskily.

She snapped out her daze and yanked her hand back. "I have a name, Mutt!"

A snarl rippled from him and he put his hand on the arm rest behind her head, blocking possible exits. "You will not disrespect me, Mate! I am your Alpha now, your free will is no more!"

Abby sidestepped closer to Joe and bumped his arm with her elbow. She gave him a meaningful glare, gesturing towards the Alpha's attitude. "Remind you of anyone?" She mocked.

I decided to take action. Diana was never one who liked male dominance either. Come to think of it, all three of us displayed a passionate dislike towards it.

"Hey, Damien." It was the first time I addressed him by his name. "I appreciate you helping me find my way home, I really do. But I will not let you take my friend away from me, neither will I let you speak to her like that!"

"Yeah seriously." She pushed at his chest. "Let me spell this out: we cannot be mates. I'm a vampire, you're a werewolf. You Tarzan, me Jane. We are way too different to ever be 'made for each other'."

"But you—"

"Are already taken!" Silence enveloped the room as Damien absorbed what she just said. My eyebrows shot up to the sky. She was hinting that she and Nate were a thing.

Then he snarled and pushed his face closer to hers, almost touching noses with her. "Who is he?" When she didn't answer, he repeated it louder. I flinched at his screaming but stayed silent. The lights suddenly went out, but none of us seemed fazed. There was a storm going on outside.