Chapter 7

~Rose~

I let a groan slip past my lips as I forced my eyes to open. I found myself laying in a huge, fluffy bed, and for some reason, I didn't want to get out of it. It was just so comfortable.

But then I heard voices. I frowned. Is that Fallon?

I propped myself up on my elbows and glanced around the unfamiliar room. It had all my stuff neatly set out. When did this happen?

Then memories of last night came flooding back to me and I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I momentarily closed my eyes.

 Aunt Penelope was gone. Sure, I loved to annoy her but at the end of the day she was still my aunt...And I loved her as much as my parents.

 After lying in the bed for a while, I reluctantly got up and took a shower. After I was done, I put on a fresh red sleeveless shirt and left my jeans from yesterday on. I left my hair down and let it tumble down my back in a cascade of curly waves.

I glanced at my reflection on my way to the door. I looked...Hopeless. Sad.

And it ticked me off.

I felt a lump in my throat as I quickly looked away and left the room. I walked slowly in the direction that I heard the voices and soon I came to a big, clean kitchen.

Two boys were in there. I recognized the taller one as Fallon and the other one as Joe. Both of them were sitting at the table with a cup of...Something.

"Morning." They said to me as I walked in. I nodded and sat down at the other side of the table.

"Here," Fallon said softly as he slid a cup over to me. I looked into it and saw that it was blood.

I gave him a small but genuine smile. "Thank you," I said gratefully. I took a gulp of it, letting it slip down my throat. I admired the rich, sweet taste.

"Where's your cup?" I asked him. He gave me a wicked grin.

"I'd prefer straight from vessel." I inhaled the air deeply and detected a strong, human blood scent coming from him. He had fed.

I sighed at him. "At least today's Saturday."

"No, Rose." He said firmly, his face hard. "You're not gonna go to school anymore. You've only went there a dozen times over. It's not like you're gonna learn something new."

"Yeah," Joe agreed after swallowing the last of the blood in his glass. "You just lost your aunt. It's crazy to still go to school."

I hummed. "I'm guessing you guys moved me to this house?"

"Definitely. You're staying here." He told me in a tone not to be argued with. His eyes were were serious as hell. "It's your house too now."

Whoa, this gigantic place is my home. That made my mood lighten up.

But then I felt a buzzing from my pocket. Sighing, I took out my phone and saw there was a text. I vaguely noticed that someone may have put my phone in my jeans considering the last time I had it, I dropped it at school.

I knit my eye brows together. It was by an Unknown ID.

I glanced up at the boys, seeing their serious and dangerous expressions, before swiping the screen with my thumb to read it.

That was just the beginning. Wait till you see what I have in store for you.

I let out a vicious growl and stood up from my chair before throwing the phone at wall as hard as I could. It crashed against it, breaking completely, and fell to the ground.