Chapter 13

Rose's P.O.V

I sighed and laid down sideways on the sofa, crossing my legs. I had no idea what to think about Fallon and Joe Draganov anymore.

First of all, the fact that their last names weren't actually 'Davidson' was a relief since it didn't really match their mysterious, brooding attitude as much as their real names.

But then we found out that they were demons. Half vampire, half demon. And capable of hell.

"He broke out after that," he had continued, avoiding eye contact with everyone. "He started slaughtering everyone, including half the town. He was true killer."

I had watched as he absently rubbed the area between his upper arm and shoulder, staring at nothing in particular. Then my eyes widened as something had flashed before my eyes.

It was him, in a dirty cell, rubbing that exact same area. Wasn't he just talking about that moment?

Then that can't be him, that must be...Stoyan?

I blinked and furrowed my eye brows, staring at Fallon as I tried to figure him out. A black dragon tattoo had formed on the area he had rubbed. The exact same one I saw about two hours ago on his arm.

I blinked presently, still staring at him. I started playing with my long hair, slinging it over one shoulder.

"Angelo survived, though," Joe continued. We had watched him too as the same tattoo formed onto his own shoulder, spiking a contrast with his pale skin. "But he didn't have the curse, which meant Stoyan's son survived and continued to pass it on until us."

"And we're the first brothers in the Draganov bloodline to have the same curse," Fallon muttered.

Fallon's black eyes landed on mine. I tensed, for a good reason, but didn't let my uneasiness show. Instead of holding his emotionless stare, I let my gaze settle onto his tattoo again. It was big and occupied the outer half of his broad, muscular upper arm. It was thin, though, and somehow very detailed. It actually looked pretty good on him.

"The rings keep our demon sides at bay. Stoyan didn't have one, it was said that he died after massacring basically the entire town full of innocent lives. They say someone managed to kill him but," Joe paused and rubbed his forehead in exasperation. He sighed. "It looks like he's back from the dead. And what's worse is the fact that he looks exactly like my brother."

One problem after another. I mentally face-palmed.

"Why do your rings glow?" Was one of the questions I had asked them. Fallon answered me.

"To alert us of another nearby demon. I thought it was Joe at first, but then he told me he had seen Stoyan. Alive."

"So that's what you are," Nate started, eyes darting towards me. "Vampire-demon hybrids."

Nate, the only other person in the room besides us, finally left for a few moments after hearing a thud from upstairs. I had chosen not to say anything to Fallon when he was present, mostly because he was strict about promises and me starting a conversation with the person I promised to stay away from did not seem like I was keeping it.

We didn't move or say anything, until I suddenly remembered something. Thinking back to earlier tonight, I recalled the moment when I was being chased. And then I heard one last monstrous sound before whoever it was had stopped chasing me.

Then I ran into Fallon, who had blood stained elongated fangs. My eyes widened in realisation before flicking back to his.

"You," I pointed to him with my forefinger, "—were the one who stopped it." He frowned at me but remained silent. "I was being chased tonight after the crash, but then I heard some kind of bloody noise and suddenly the footsteps stopped. Then I found you, standing there with blood all over your mouth. You said it wasn't the newbie vampires' blood. You were the one who saved me."