Chapter 7

Laughing Valery and I walked to PE. I had an awesome lunch time telling each other funny and embarrassing stories, but all through lunch I couldn’t shake the feeling I was being watched. The strange thing was that the feeling of being watched didn’t scare me, it strangely enough made me feel safe.

“you alright?” Valery asked as we were getting changed in the gyms changing room

I nodded “yea I’m fine, just tired”

Once we were dressed we walked out into the gym. Spotting us the PE teacher scowled, obviously we were late. As we went to sit down I began to feel like I was being watched again, I turned my head but didn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

“Alright, now that these two lovely ladies have finally decided to grace us with their presence” he said giving both me and Valery a pointed look “we can now start out lesson. Today we will once again be playing dodge ball”

Lots of groans of disappointment could be heard around the gym, most from the girl population, but some also from the guys.

“I will be putting you all into groups” the teacher stated, this followed by more groans from the class.

After the teacher call out people teams, I went over to the team I was placed in. As I walked over I saw that in my team there was a quiet girl, who was also in my science class, there were also two very buff guys, or should I say two very buff werewolves. Disgust slowly filled me, I didn’t want to be in the same school as werewolves, let alone be in their team!

My Disgust and anger only raised more as I saw one of the guys turn around, the world must hate me today, I thought as I saw one of my ‘team’ members was the cocky guy from this morning.

“Why hello again” he said cocky grin spreading over his face

I began to slowly melt, loosing myself in the sound of his voice.  NO! I quickly shook myself from those thoughts.

“I’m sorry I don’t think I remember you” I said smirking slightly “oh wait, now I remember, sorry I didn’t notice you without you retarded look”

The smile fell from his face as the words began to register in his head.

“shame dude” his friend said laughing

Mr cocky guy turned to glare at his friend. The guy shrunk back under his gaze.

“I hope someone shoots your ego down one day, Peter”

“yesssss!” I shouted in glee, fist pumping as well 

Both Mr Cocky guy and Peter turned to stare at me, giving me a weird look.

“Are we going to play or not?”  the quiet girl from my science class asked

“Yup” I said popping the P “what team are we playing against?”

She pointed to a team of mostly guys, they were walking our way. Spotting both the guys in my team they began to look nervous, but seeing us girls they began to brighten up a bit.

The ‘leader’ of the other team came up to us smirking slightly “I hope you girls are ready to lose” he said this looking only at me and the girl next to me.

“Well I hope you’re ready to go to the hospital” I said getting angry, this guy was soo underestimating me.

I could hear Mr Cocky chuckle deeply, god that sounds so great, I shook my head again ridding myself of those dangerous thoughts.

“WHEN I BLOW MY WHISTLE YOU ARE TO START” the teacher yelled from across the other side of the gym. This was followed by a loud shill whistle.

Both teams went running towards the balls, our team got two balls, three guesses on who got those, and the other team got one. 

The ‘leader’ of the other team smirked and threw his ball right at me, aiming for my chest, luckily I was fast and was able to dodge it by ducking. As I stood straight I grinned at the other guy and flipped him off.

This went on for a while, the guys throwing balls at me, the only girl left on the court, and me dodging. This was until I turned around, distracted, as I went to face the game again I saw a ball flying right towards my face. I was too slow at dodging the ball, the ball hit me in the face sending me flying backwards, resulting in me banging my head against the hard wooden floor of the gym.

“ouch” I groaned as I could feel a headache coming on.

In the distance I could hear a deep growl. But before I could contemplate any more, Mr Cocky’s large and annoying head came into view. He had a concerned look on his face as he looked down at me.

“$hit Evangeline are you alright?” he said concern coming more and more noticeable

“You know my name?” I asked dumbfounded 

“Umm yea” he said nervously, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips

“EVANGELINE! WHAT IS GOING ON?” the teacher shouted, making me wince

The smile dropped from Mr Cocky’s face as he saw me wince, his concern still there in his eyes, but anger had also decided to visit too. “Thanks to someone” he said shooting daggers at the guy from the other team “she hit her head hard on the ground”

The teacher nodded and suggested that I was to be taken to the nurses office. I don’t know what happened after that though, as I started to black out.

+++Blake POV+++  

He hit her! That stupid dick hit her! I was seething, anger radiating off me in waves, if any werewolf were to walk past they would probably run away and hide.

I was walking towards the nurse’s office with my Angel in my arms, he eyes were closed causing her eye lashes to make soft black crescents on her cheeks, her soft lips were slightly open shaping like an O.  They looked so delicious I just wanted to bend my head down and see how they tasted, but I couldn’t I knew she would freak if I did.

As I stepped through the door the nurse gasped “what happened” she asked as she came to inspect my Angel

“She was hit by a ball in PE” I was trying to rein in my anger but it was almost impossible. As I put Evangeline down on the bed I noticed large bruises on her arms and one was starting to show on her head. Seeing these bruises I nearly lost my cool, the last thing I want to see is my Angel hurt by those dicks!

I was so lost in my thoughts that I almost missed Evangeline opening her eyes.

She let out a small moan while rubbing her head. In most cases her moan would have turned me on but this was not the time.

“Are you alright?” I asked as I put the icepack, that the nurse gave me, on her head.

“Mmm I’m fine”

“Well you’re lucky Blake here was here to help” the nurse said casting me a sly glance, she was a werewolf too so she had probably put two and two together and realised what was happening.

Evangeline turned to look at me, groaning at the sudden movement of her head.

“you might not want to move your head” I said putting my hand on her arm, the second my skin made contact with hers a thousand tingles shot between me and her. I saw Evangeline jerk back at the force of the tingles, if she felt it that was a good thing. This meant that we were defiantly mates, not that I doubted it before.

Mate, I’m never going to get bored of saying that.