25- Vengance.

TEEN WOLF IS IN AN HOUR I CANNOT HOLD IN MY EXCITEMENT!

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 25

            Three days. For three days I sat in my older brother’s room, not moving, not talking, and barely even breathing. I hadn’t changed clothes, showered, or eaten since the day he left for good. I was numb to my surroundings, my mother coming in my room every so often, to give me food and beg me to come out with her. But I never listened, I never moved. I just looked her in the eyes for a couple of seconds, and then returned staring blankly at his dresser.

            I couldn’t bring myself to say his name, because it was too painful. Everything was painful, breathing, blinking; even sitting utterly still was painful. My mom even went as far as calling Hanna to pull me out of my funk, but she was just as bad as me, if not worse.

            In the span of a month, I have managed to have my life turn completely upside down. Everything I thought I knew about this world and the guy I was falling for was a lie. And now, I’ve lost the one person I was closest to. I was scarred with visions of his death; which I still couldn’t explain. Not that it mattered anymore, because while I sat, staring at nothing, I had completely given up.

            My soul felt crushed, I felt lost and alone. It was my fault, I shouldn’t have let him go out, I should have told him what I knew, and he would still be here; telling me to stay away from boys. I peered under his bed, and saw a scrapbook. I mustered up enough energy to pick it up, and look through it.

            That was a terrible mistake, because now the tears I had pushed away were falling harder than ever. I looked from photo to photo, and they were all of us, together: my mom, dad, me, and him. We were smiling and laughing like a happy family. I sat there for hours more, looking and crying at all the happy memories, knowing I wouldn’t get the chance to make more.

 I cried harder, if that was even possible, at the last picture in the book. It was taken right before we moved from Virginia. I smiled, I actually smiled. He was messing up my hair while I was scowling in front of our old house. It was the cutest picture. I pulled it out of the scrapbook, and held it to my heart, crying harder.

I hadn’t even noticed my mom had come in, and she was looking at me with concern. She was the only person more heartbroken than I, and she had to keep up the strength to hide it, for me. I felt selfish, and that only made me cry more.

“He wouldn’t want you to do this, Nova.” My mother whispered, while putting a hand on my shoulder. “He wouldn’t want you to shut down, he would want you to keep going, and prove that you’re as strong as he said you were.”

That stirred something inside of me. Everything that I had given up on, I all of the sudden felt the need to have hope in again. My mom had said the right words at the right time. I slowly looked up at my mother, she had deep and dark bags under her eyes, it looked as if she hadn’t slept in days, but then again, neither had I.

We were both a screwed up mess, and I could see now I was only making it harder on her. I stood up, using his bed for support, and walked out of the room. I had to be strong, for my mother, and for Noah.

I was still clutching the picture of us to my chest, and I walked into my room- which I hadn’t been in for 3 whole days, and I stuck it up on my mirror, where I could always see it. A small smile crept on my lips, that picture would be my anchor from now on; it would pull me away from reality and remind me that true happiness does exist. Even when I knew that I wouldn’t be happy, not for a while. Noah being taken from me had stripped every ounce of happiness from my body, and it wouldn’t be coming back over night.

I glanced at myself in the mirror, not recognizing the girl that I saw. She looked like a broken down helpless girl, and that was not who I was. That’s not who Noah wanted me to be. I blamed myself fully for what happened, but I wasn’t going to shame him further by letting his death go unavenged.

I walked over to my nightstand, picking up the small sheet of paper I never thought I would ever use. Grabbing my phone, I dialed the seven digits written down, and after three rings, he answered.

“…Nova?” My father said on the other line. He began talking, like it was a normal thing for me to be calling him. “Listen, your mother called me, I heard about N-“

I cut him off as I took a deep breath, this was for my mom, and this was for Noah. “It’s me. I want you to train me, and I want to kill the alpha.”

---

I know it's super short, but I'm updating tomorrow and the funeral is going to be in one condensed chapter.

 I also know that unavenged isn't a real word, well, to be honest, I don't really care I make my own dictionary :)

 Pic is of- Nova, being all sad in Noah's room.

 Song is- Desert Lullaby - Chris Stuart. Idk why but it inspired me to write this chapter.

Love you guys!