7- Oh, Brother.

A/N oh? What's this? Another update? I'm so sweet! I know only like 5 people read this, but to you five people I am grateful, for your votes and comments and the fact that you read this at all.

Enjoy,

xx

P.S. I KNOW ITS SUPER SHORT BUT THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT! YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHEN YOU READ!

Chapter 7

          Derek’s P.O.V.

          After taking literally 2 hours explaining to Nova that I did not take advantage of her drunken state, I left her house and returned to my own. If I couldn’t even sleep with her, how was I going to break her heart?

          Something in me couldn’t. And it bothered me.

          I was also bothered because I lost control around her last night. Yeah, it was the full moon, but I hadn’t lost control like that since the night my parents were killed by hunters.

          My phone dinged, and I got a text message. Speak of the Devil, and she shall appear. My inner voice mused.

          New Message: I heard you got it in with Nova last night, step one complete, keep it up and your brother won’t have to suffer. --Amber

          God I hate her, so, so much. I all but threw my phone out the window of my room at her little message. I wasn’t going to take this from her, and I wasn’t going to sit around and let her control me like some lapdog of hers. I wasn’t going to let Amber near my brother. And lastly, I sure as hell wasn’t going to break Nova’s heart.

          She was too good, too innocent. The way her cheeks flushed when she realized I saw her topless; I smiled at the memory. In complete honesty, I closed my eyes and never saw a thing, but if I told her that I might as well chop my testicles off and hand them to her.

          I knew one thing for sure, I was going to get to know Nova, and I was going to find out why she had such a hold on me in such little time. I also had to find out how to deal with Amber, without getting myself or others killed. So I did what any normal guy would do.

          I called my older brother for help.

Nova’s P.O.V.

I was sitting in my room, all flustered and embarrassed because Derek had just left. I can’t believe I argued with him over if we had actually had sex or not! I banged my head against the wall repeatedly while saying,

“Stupid, stupid, stupid!” I am a total and complete idiot. Now I definitely had no chance with Derek. He probably thought I was some head case. I wouldn’t be surprised if a doctor knocked on the door and strapped me in a straight jacket to haul me off to the Looney bin!

As I was bashing my sanity into the wall, I heard a soft knock on my door, “Nova honey, I just got home from work, can I come in?” my mother’s soft and tired voice asked.

“Yeah, sure mom, come on in.” Good, maybe she could keep me from thinking of Derek. Mmm, Derek…

“I was just checking to see if you were alright, you never texted me telling me where you were going, and I was worried. You know how worried I get when you and your brother don’t call-” she began but I cut her off, wrapping my arms around her shoulders.