3- One friend. Just One.

A/N okay I wont be updating everyday, but right now the creative juices are flowing and I'm typing 4 chapters a day. So I will give you guys one a day (to the like 3 people that actually read this) until I slow down, then I will update a few times a week.

With that said, enjoy 3!

Chapter 3

As I prepared to give myself the Heimlich maneuver, I heard a sexy chuckle from behind me. The guilty party being none other Derek, and here I thought I would be eating lunch alone. I can’t jump to conclusions though, maybe he just wants to annoy me, and then he’ll leave.

“You know I think it’s funny that I can scare the crap out of you.” Derek said, as he sat down beside me with that damn smile on his face that, at the moment, I was itching to smack off.

“Yeah, well I like breathing without lettuce in my lungs.” I grumbled. Seriously, he was killing my loner vibe.

“Oh, I’m sorry about that.” He said unconvincingly, mainly because he was STILL smiling.

“No you’re not.” I replied. I wondered why he came over here to sit by me; didn’t the bad boy have any bad boy friends? A gang? I dunno…

“So Nova, why are you over here all by yourself? Did you piss off the wicked bitch of the west?” he asked, but something told me by the way he asked that he already knew.

“Maybe I did, or maybe I like sitting by myself.” I said, spitting out sarcasm. What? I liked being alone, if it meant avoiding annoying excuses for human beings daily.

“Oh, come on, Little Nova, don’t be like that!” he mockingly cooed. If he thought that I was going to be so mindless to fall for his antics and fall head over heels for him he was wrong.

This was the first day of school.

Why won’t anyone leave me alone?

The rest of the day dragged by, but finally I was home. I crawled up the stairs and practically hugged my bed when I got home. “Oh how I’ve missed you!”

          I like my bed and no one is going to tell me different. It was soft, silky, and so so soft…

“Nova….Nova….NOVA!” Noah screamed.

          “Who what when where and why?” I screamed as I jumped up, grabbed a pillow, and prepared to use it as a weapon.

          “Whoa there cowgirl, put that thing down.” Noah said, trying to suppress a laugh at my ‘weaponry’.

          “Who do you think you think you are? Coming in my room practically screaming bloody murder? What did you expect me to do?” I screamed back, infuriated. It’s safe to say I don’t like being awoken.

          “I just came in here to tell you that I was going out and don’t freak out if I’m not home until late.” Noah murmured as he scratched the back of his head, I guess he did feel bad about waking me up.

          “Oh… well why didn’t you just say so?” I said with a ‘duh’ look on my face.

          Noah looked at me in disbelief and then shrugged his shoulders, choosing not to humor me. He was on his way out, then he stopped and turned at my door, “I’ll see you later Nove.”

          “Later Noah!” I exclaimed. If he told me that he was leaving, that must mean mom wasn’t going to be home all night. I swear the woman worked herself to death.

Wait a minute.

          I was alone. ALONE! YIPPEE! I hardly ever got to be home by myself, without Noah around to hog the remote, I could watch TV happily. I zoomed down the stairs and instantly started watching Pretty Little Liars while grabbing oodles of food from the pantry. So today, being a Monday, totally sucked as, but that didn’t mean tonight had to!

------

The week dragged on until finally it was Friday.

Noah, of course, was smacking me, trying to get me to wake up so I could go get ready for school. I groaned and rolled out of my bed unenthusiastically. I stumbled to my bathroom and took a quick shower. And you know what showers a good for? Collecting my thoughts, that’s what.

           A whole had gone by and I still had no friends, unless you count Derek. Which I don’t. He was just an annoying thorn in my side. That’s it. We hadn’t talked much since the first day we met, which I actually kind of missed.

          Not that I was going to admit that.

          To anyone.

          Like ever.

          I also managed to avoid Amber all week, which I’m proud of myself. If she said two more words to me who knows what I would do to her. I spent the rest of my time thinking of evil things to do to her.

          I jumped out of the shower, drying myself off and getting ready for school. I was semi-excited, because it was Friday. I quickly fixed myself up, and walked out the front door and into Noah’s truck.

          “So Nove…. I’ve noticed you’ve made no attempt in making friends at this school.” Noah began. Does this kid read minds or what? I literally thought the same thing during my shower…

          “What of it?” I asked, oblivious to where he was going with this.

          “I was just wondering if it was because of da- ” he started  but I cut him off.

          “No it’s not because of that.” I huffed. “I just haven’t found anyone worth my time, really. Everyone seems to like you though.”

          Noah broke out a huge grin at this, “Who doesn’t like me?”

          We kept up a light conversation for the rest of the ride to school, until we reached the parking lot, and Noah had to get all serious again.

          “Seriously though Nova, I’m worried about you. Back home,” you could slightly see the pain in his eyes as he mentioned ‘home’, “you were so happy and bubbly, and you had plenty of friends. Here, it’s like you’re a completely different person.” He gave me a worried glance.

          “I don’t know Noah; I just haven’t found anyone worth my time yet…” I repeated the same thing I said earlier.

          Noah sighed, “One friend. Just find one friend. Do that for me and I’ll stop thinking you’re becoming a mysterious recluse.”

          Now it was my turn to sigh, “Okay Noah. One friend.”

          He smiled in triumph. I rolled my eyes and got out of his truck. One friend… how hard could that be?

------

How did you like it? COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW ME, please! I want to know your imput!

Picture on side is of Amber.

Song- Modest Mouse - Float On

love,

WingsOfAnAngelx