10- A Day with Derek, Part 2

A/N Hey guys! Not much to say here, But after this chapter the plot's gonna get crazy, so pay attention when you read, hehe.

Enjoy! xx

Chapter 10

I walked beside Derek, as we got deeper and deeper into the woods. We talked the entire time, not one second did he make some rude comment like I expected him to. Now, a sarcastic asshole comment, yes, but nothing like he said to me early this morning.

We had a lot of common interests such as music, movies, and foods. But when we did have a difference or a disagreement, we would argue until either side got the win. And let’s just say, I won more than Derek did.

As we walked, I couldn’t get over how different he acted from the party. At the party he was cocky, and now, when it was just us, he was sincere. I deemed that this was the real Derek, and that he puts up the bad boy routine for a shield on his real personality.

We continued walking and getting to know each other as we came up to this bridge. It was a cute bridge that gave you the way across a small, but wide creek. I asked if we couldn’t rest for a minute, and Derek didn’t protest. I pulled out my phone and realized we had been walking for two hours! Wow, I really have to stop getting distracted in his looks. Now that he had a personality to match, I had full on feelings for Derek, which I couldn’t ignore.

Psht, screw Hanna’s warnings! I didn't really need my eyeballs anyway.

“I would have never guessed we had so much in common.” I said as I stared at the water.

“And why’s that?” Derek replied.

“I don’t know, at school you put up this front. You don’t have many friends, and you pretty much intimidate everyone at school. You also have a new girl every week. We’re like nothing alike! But…we are. I don’t know, I’m being weird.” I needed to just shut up before I said something really stupid and he thought I was a freak and avoided me for the rest of my life.

Derek’s P.O.V.

I can’t believe I was here with Nova, the more I found out about her the more I wanted to know. She was amazing in every aspect! We came across a bridge, and she asked to take a break. I forgot she wasn’t like me, and she probably was exhausted. We sat at the edge of the bridge and she talked to me as she peered at the water. Suddenly she explained how she never knew we would have so much in common, and then she said she was being weird and trailed off.

“You’re not being weird Nova; I don’t think that I could find you weird at all. You’re funny, interesting, beautiful, and you’re also the only person to ever have a come back to my remarks. You surprised me when you kissed me at the party, I mean I know you were just drunk, but I was still mesmerized. Nova, you draw in everyone you’re around and make them never want to leave your side.” I said honestly, confessing my feelings towards her. Well, some of them anyway. She looked up from the water, her beautiful blue eyes looking at me in shock. Oh god, I probably sounded like some stalker now. Face palm, Derek, face palm.

But what she said surprised me.

“Please Derek, there’s a reason Hanna is my only friend. I doubt I could mesmerize a tree.” She started laughing.

I couldn’t wait to show her how wrong she was, but as soon as I was going to tell her, I smelled something. It was coppery, and smelled just like blood; A lot of it too.  My mind wanted it to just be a dead animal, but my senses were telling me the exact opposite. Nova noticed my sudden discomfort, and looked at me with concern.

“I’m sorry if I offended you, what you said was sweet, I just can’t believe it.” She sighed honestly. She still had that worried look on her face. I couldn’t fully pay attention to her or even reply to her, because I was too focused on the scent.