8- Rebel.

A/N So I'm not really sure why but wattpad keeps unbolding, and un-italicizing everything I upload. Sorry if that makes the inner voice conversations confusing, I'm working on fixing it.

Also excuse any careless grammar mistakes, I'm not the best editor in the world.

With that said, Enjoy xx

Chapter 8

Derek’s P.O.V.

After talking to Nick yesterday, I felt a million times better. He actually made a lot of sense, and that’s part of the reason I came to him. The other reason is he is my alpha, and before I do anything involving the safety of our pack I had to consult him. Our pack shouldn’t even count as a pack; seeing as how it was just Nick and me. But it was a pack nonetheless.

To my surprise, he wasn’t worried about Amber, because even though Nick knew all too well what her father was capable of, he knew that Nick had done nothing wrong this time, he wasn’t dating a hunter’s daughter anymore. We weren’t a threat to them any longer.

“I’m doing it as a favor for a colleague of my fathers.” Her sick words played in my head. Who the hell could it be that wanted to hurt Nova? I racked my brain, coming up with no answer; I definitely had to get to know Nova. There had to be a hint in there somewhere!

But right now, I found it extremely challenging to focus on my problems; I was too overjoyed, because I didn’t have to hurt Nova. I was actually so consumed with thoughts of her that I consulted Nick about this too. When I told him how little I knew about her, but how much I already cared, he looked at me, shocked.

“I don’t know man; maybe you’ve just got a huge crush on her.” He said, but he looked like he knew more than he was letting on. I had a feeling Nick wasn’t telling me everything. But I shrugged it off. For now at least…

A crush? Please, if this was a crush I would have just slept with her and continued my life, like every other “crush.” This was something more; I just wish I knew what. I smiled as I remembered kissing her at the party, I mean sure, it was totally because she was drunk. But that didn’t mean I was going to forget how amazing her lips felt on mine.

I did know one thing. I knew that I’m talking to Nova today, and I’m going to become more than a stranger that she almost drunkenly slept with. I was walking out towards my car, determined to go to school and see Nova.

And that’s when I heard it.

A piercing scream, But not just any piercing scream, it was a scream that made my skin crawl, and I felt myself losing control as I started to shift and run towards it.

It was her scream.

It was Nova.

Something was wrong, and it was bad.

---

Nova’s P.O.V.

I stood there, in the doorway of my brother’s room, frozen in fear and shock.

I didn’t know what to do, Noah lay there, lifeless. He was covered in blood and deep claw marks. No person could have done this to him. Something inhuman did this, and they made him suffer. How did I not see this? We were watching movies last night, he was fine! He wasn’t hurt or anything. Then it hit me.

It was my fault.

How did I not hear his screams? He was bound to have screamed. How could he have not? I took a step towards his body. I shuddered as I looked at it.