(28) Friday 8th September, 11.46 p.m, Hallway

(28) Kelsea - Friday 8th September, 11.45 p.m, Hallway

I haven't wrote for days, and opening this book and dragging the pen along the sturdy paper feels like coming home to something I really did miss. Life hasn't been that exciting up until today, and there is no point writing about things which are uneventful, or things which don't make me experience much emotion.  

But today Lucy came into my room at half six when I was just waking up and she was fully dressed even though she's been told to sleep as much as she can in the morning. She sat down beside me on the bed, and God she looked so scared it made me feel sick. 

"Kelsea, what are these?" She whispered to me. I had no idea what she was on about; I was looking for some sort of object but after a few seconds I noticed she had her sleeve rolled up and there were faint little dark spots all over her arms. Little bruises. 

"I don't know," was my shaky reply. "I don't know."  

So there wasn't anything I could do, and we had to go to school as usual and I listened to music with a very silent Demi in the common room. When I got home, Kale was waiting for me on the doorstep. Lucy smiled at me as if she was pleased I still had friends or something, and he let her go into the house, but eyed me with a strange look as I came to a halt in front of him. 

"I can't stay away for any longer," he announced bravely. His hair was the same as ever but he just looked so familiar and comforting that it hurt, and he had a coat on for once, of which he was playing with the zip. 

I stared at him, and then he stepped closer to me. And I nodded, and that was all he needed to continue. 

"I was expecting you to tell me that you did need me," he whispered, and God he looked like a little helpless lion so much that I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my head in his chest.  

"I thought that you thought you'd made a mistake," I whispered almost inaudibly. I wasn't sure he had heard me, until his fingers found the underside of my chin and my face was lifted so that I was staring up into his eyes which were so soft and gentle and like a calm, calm ocean. 

"No." And Kale kissed me right on the mouth and it was everything that our other kiss hadn't been - it was hard and lingering and desperate. I leaned so much into it that after a few seconds, we both had to pull away quite violently for air. 

"No?" I repeated. My smile felt flirtatious, something new that I was trying out. I raised an eyebrow and Kale grinned, then leaned in just to kiss my lower lip alone, and I didn't care if someone was watching us. I had been waiting for this for days. But thankfully, we were too close to the house for Lucy to look out her bedroom window and look down and see us. 

"Definitely not," he confirmed in a firm whisper, both of his hands resting on my hips.  

We sat out there for ages and talked, having managed to squeeze onto a bit of wall near the front of the garden. Kale held one of my hands in both of his, as he talked about his day in the recording studio and some really bad bands that had somehow managed to win a competition to get signed. He asked about school and I was happily telling him that Demi and I are on good terms when my mother's car sped into the small driveway and when I looked at his face, Kale was watching closely as she climbed out. She had completely ignored both of us, and was walking up to the front door, wobbling on her black high heels when he decided to shout out. 

"Evening, Ms."  

It had to have been weird that I hadn't even spoken to her and she hadn't even spoken to me but then I reminded myself that Kale knew we didn't get along great. I was praying that she would turn around but I was also praying that she wouldn't and I don't know why.