(17) Kelsea - Friday 24th August., 11.13 p.m., Kale's Truck & then My Room

Lucy and I woke up at exactly the same time this morning. It was some time around seven, and for some reason I still managed to keep in the big question - What was the nightmare about? We both sat up and then I hugged her. It seemed she was all out of tears, and she was thankful I hadn't asked her a whole load of stuff.

But I will find out later.

I made her some toast, and a hot chocolate just like yesterday. She thanked me and hugged me. Then she bursts out, "I dont know what has been wrong with me. I need to start acting properly, Kelsea. I'm sorry. I'm going to go to the library today, and maybe the park. You know, to get out a bit."

I nodded and said it was okay. She didn't give a hint of an invitation for me to come with her, so I decided I'd have to find something for me to do today.

Lucy showered and dressed, definitely looking happier than she had in months. I should probably mention that mum still wasn't here, and neither was her car, but I wasn't going to let it weigh me down. I dawdled around for a while - painting my nails, reading old magazines . I had a shower and dressed, then looked out the window.

Oh my Gosh. That rush of pure energy and surprise and relief and euphoria when I saw the boy with the golden hair and the sea green eyes. Kale wasn't sat on the back of his truck today though, he was taking boxes out of his dad's black Land Rover which was parked at the side of the road, in front of the house.

He was shirtless.

I know I shouldn't have been staring. I'm blushing even as I write this, because he could come back at any minute (I'm in his truck). But he had it all - the tan skin, the toned muscles. He had defined abs, and the back muscles were just right too. His arms were long and muscular, but not over the top like a wrestler. 

God. The guy is perfect.

Wait. Um... Oh. Did I really just write that? Face palm. Yes, yes I did.

Anyway. I waited until he was finished before I grabbed my bag and slipped out of the house. I wanted to make it look like I was, you know, just going out for the day. Definitely not intending to just talk to him.

But he saw me right away and let out the usual greeting of, "Mornin', Kelsea Richardson!"

I couldn't help but smile. He's a nice person. "Hey."

"Thank you." he suddenly grinned charmingly.

I was so confused. What was he on about all of a sudden? I think he saw my confused face because he just beamed right at me, the smile lighting his whole face up. Gosh. It was enough to light up a whole town.

"Just translating greetings. Apparently, 'Hi' means, 'I like you', 'Hello' means 'I wanna get to know you better', and 'Yo' means 'I have a crush on you. Oh, and, 'What's up' means 'I'd like to go out with you'."

"Then what does 'Hey' translate as, I'm your strange world?" I remember replying, as if I was bored. But secretly, I was amused, and interested. And trying to remember what he had greeted me with last time I saw him.

"It means 'Your sexy'. That's why I said thank you."

Typical Kale. I rolled my eyes, then reached out to swat his arm lightly. "You're so cocky."

He just grinned at me with those dazzling eyes of his shining away. I could tell that, again, it was like he was trying to suss me out or figure out who or what I really was. I had no other option but to grin back, and it was all I could do to hope I didn't look like an idiot. I always look so darn random when I grin.