Chapter 15

Living in a Jumble of Wishes

Chapter 15

The math test was surprisingly easy so it made my day! I will get a really good grade. I need good math grades especially since it had the highest coefficient on my report card.

The populars complained about the test –typical—even though it was really easy. They should’ve studied better. They probably spent all their time talking about others instead of studying.

The day passed faster than Tuesday because they weren’t in the mood for bullying –thank God.

We didn’t have any homework that day so I went home and slept for a couple of hours before Zack had to pick me up for our date tonight.

He said that he wanted to take me to a small diner he liked a lot. I didn’t really mind where we went. With Zack it was either a movie or dinner. But I mean what else would it be?

I put on blue jeans and a tight red long sleeved shirt. I took with me my white coat because it was cold outside.

Zack was fifteen minutes late but I was expecting it so I didn’t go downstairs to wait for him before 7:40, ten minutes later than he said he would be here.

He didn’t apologize for being late as if it weren’t wrong. I didn’t let it bother me a lot, though. That was how Zack is.

I sent a text to my mom to tell her that I was out with Zack. She and dad were out visiting some people from work.

We drove in silence to the diner. There was some radio music playing so it wasn’t awkward.

The diner was much smaller than the restaurant we went to on our first date. It had more teenagers than adults. It had a vintage decoration and the couches of the booths were red faux leather.

 We sat in one of the booths at the far right of the place.

A waiter soon arrived to take our orders. I ordered a chicken sandwich while Zack ordered a burger.

“How did you find that math test easy?” He asked and I shrugged.

“I understood the chapters at home. Once you understand them, they’re not as hard as they seem to be,” I replied, wondering why we were even still talking about the math test.

“Lucky you then,” he said. “I didn’t do well.”

“We still have another math test,” I pointed out and he nodded.

“That’s right. I’ll do well on that one.”

I smiled. “Yeah, you will.”

The waiter then arrived with our food. We ate in silence at first then Zack started talking.

“Are you free on Saturday?” He asked.

“Yeah,” I replied after thinking if I had something to do on that day. “Why?”

“The twins want to go to the carnival so I thought we’ll go with them,” he replied.

“There’s a carnival?” I asked, a grin spreading on my face. I loved carnivals!

“Yup,” he replied, taking a bite out of his burger. When he swallowed he continued. “There are all sorts of rides and food and stuff like that.”

“Sounds awesome,” I said. “We’ll go.”

“Cool,” he answered, giving me a smile.

I was already excited for Saturday. I wanted to go on all the rides and buy candies and cotton candy. Carnivals were the best thing ever created!