Chapter 2

Living in a Jumble of Wishes

Chapter 2

The next morning, I found myself excited to go to school. I didn’t know why but I had a feeling that this day would be different from any other day.

I was actually hoping that I would get to talk to Zack again.

I just loved the way his blond hair always seemed perfect even when it was messy and I loved how his blue eyes held a playful glint the whole time and how his smile made me gawk.

I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts and focused on getting dressed.

I got to school five minutes earlier than I usually do but Carla and Kate were already there. We talked in the hallways as we walked towards our lockers which were close to each other.

I opened mine and took out the books I needed for the first three periods.

When the bell rang we walked to class and immediately my eyes searched for Zack. He wasn’t there yet so I went to my desk and placed my books.

A minute later, Zack strolled into the classroom, wearing a pair of dark blue jeans and a tight short sleeved white shirt.

I made sure that my mouth wasn’t hanging open as I stared at him.

When his eyes locked with mine, he winked at me and gave me a dazzling smile.

My heart beat accelerated and I managed to smile back, hoping I didn’t look like a loser.

Apparently, I didn’t look weird because he walked over to my desk.

“Hello there beautiful,” He said, putting on his charm. It was totally working.

“Hi,” I said, biting my lip to stop from grinning like a fool.

Before he could say anything else, Candy and Mandy showed up.

“Hey,” They told him then they saw me and smiled.

“Hi,” I said and they both waved.

I can’t believe they’re talking to me! They’re the top of the popular clique!

“Did you guys see what Mrs. Lindsey was wearing yesterday? I mean oh my gosh that green top looked horrible! And don’t get me started on the shoes!” The twins said.

I tried to recall what she was wearing but I came up blank.

“Ugly as always,” Zack muttered.

“Yeah,” I said when their gazes landed on me. “Where did she buy them? The 1$ shop?”

They started laughing and I breathed a sigh of relief. I made a good comment!

“That was a good one,” Candy said.

“Do you want to sit with us on second break?” Mandy asked. Second break is the long break. Forty five minutes! And they wanted me to sit with them? Awesome!

I almost did a happy dance right there!

But instead of embarrassing myself with a happy dance I just smiled and said, “Sure/”

“Great!” The twins chorused and Zack smirked at me, giving me a final wink before going to his seat because the teacher had walked in.

“What was that about?” Kate whispered as the teacher started talking.