Chapter 11

Living in a Jumble of Wishes

Chapter 11

The next day I went to school feeling excited about telling my friends all about the party. I was sure that they would come and they might help me plan a bit. They were, after all, more experienced when it came to parties.

I arrived late to school, though, so I had to wait for break time to tell them.

The first three hours were passing so slowly. I wanted the time to pass already so that I could tell them about the party!

When break time finally arrived and we got to our usual place on the stairs, I spoke up.

“My parents are traveling to Paris tomorrow,” I started, catching their attention. “So I was thinking of throwing a party at my place on Friday.”

“Ooh a party!” Amy said excitedly, making little dance moves, making me chuckle.

“We’ll definitely be there!” Kyle said, high fiving Zack.

“By second break, the whole school would know about it,” Mandy said arrogantly, taking out her cell phone and grinning.

I grinned as well. This is going well so far!

“Mandy and I will go with you to buy the snacks and alcohol tomorrow,” Candy suggested and I agreed quickly, thankful that I didn’t have to ask.

“We’ll go right after school,” I said and they nodded.

The girls started talking excitedly about what they wanted to wear and how it was going to be a great party.

I really hoped it would be as good as they thought it would be. But I made a wish last night and it will come true just like the other wishes I had made before.

“And what will you be wearing?” Zack whispered in my ear, putting his arm around my shoulders to pull me closer to him so that we could have a more private conversation.

I blushed and bit my lip. I actually hadn’t decide yet. I had a few dresses so I had to check which one looked the best on me before I decided.

So I replied, “That’s a surprise.”

I gave him a wink and he smirked. I hope he didn’t notice that I still had no idea what I should wear.

“Wear something short and tight,” he said, his eye lighting up.

I slapped his chest, giving him a fake scowl. “You’ll see on Friday,” I said again.

“I can’t wait,” he replied, kissing my cheek.

Of course the dress was going to be short but not like the dresses some people wear. I don’t buy shirts and wear them as dresses.

The next couple of days passed in a blur. My parents left for Paris and I was home alone. I didn’t really like being home on my own but it was only for five days so it was not so bad. I kept telling myself that people my age sometimes lived on their own so being in my house without my parents for five days is not that big of a deal.

On Friday afternoon, all the alcohol and snacks were in my kitchen and my dress was picked.

I had talked to Landon again but he said that he won’t make it to the party. I was sad because he won’t come but I couldn’t force him to. Maybe he didn’t like parties just like I didn’t like parties either.

Friday after school, I started removing all the glass vases and picture frames and everything that could get broken from downstairs and put them in the guest bedroom.