Chapter 20

Living in a Jumble of Wishes

Chapter 20

Carla and Kate were facing my open closet trying to decide what outfit I should wear. Tonight was Landon and I’s first date after we officially got together two days ago.

Every time I thought about him, a smile found its way to my lips.

He was just so wonderful.

“Stop thinking about Landon and focus!” Carla said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

“How do you know I’m thinking about him?” I said defensively.

She rolled her eyes at me. “You get that dreamy look in your eyes and that creepy smile.”

I blushed. “I-I do not!”

“You’re so adorable when you’re in love!” Kate joked and they both laughed at me, making me grumble under my breath.

But it was true. I was in love and it was the best feeling in the world especially since the guy I was in love with loved me back!

“How about this?” Kate said, holding out a dress I haven’t worn in a long time.

It was a white lace dress with two straps that formed an X at the back.

“I’ll have to find a jacket to wear above that,” I said.

“Done!” Carla said, taking out a black jacket that would fit perfectly.

I gave her a nod of approval as I took the dress from Kate and put it on. I stopped wearing it because I had gained a bit of weight but now my body was back to the way it was last year so it fit perfectly.

I put on the jacket and black ballet flats.

“You look so cute!” My best friends gushed, making me blush.

“Thanks,” I mumbled.

I decided to let my brown hair fall naturally in its soft waves. I applied a little bit of lip gloss and eyeliner before putting on some perfume.

I then grabbed a small black purse and put in it my wallet.

“Landon should be here in a few minutes,” I said when I noticed that it was already 9:30p.m and as soon as the words escaped my mouth, someone knocked on my bedroom door.

I opened it since I was standing right in front of it.

I came face to face with a gorgeous looking Landon. He was dressed in a dark blue v-neck sweater and faded blue jeans. His hair was messed up and his green eyes seemed even brighter tonight.

I have one cute boyfriend.

I saw him gulp as his eyes stared at me, from my face down to my toes then back up to my face.

“Y-You uh,” he said then he stopped talking and just stared at me again.

I blushed under his gaze.

“Sorry,” he mumbled when he saw my blush. “You just l-look beautiful.”

I smiled. “Thank you,” I whispered. “You look extremely handsome.”

And then I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his lips. He smiled against my lips and kissed me back.

“So are you starving and ready for a long night?” He asked.

“Yes and yes,” I replied. “But I still have no idea where we’re going.”

“That’s a surprise,” he said, winking at me.