Chapter 17

Bella's POV:

As I entered the house with Edward all of the Cullens stared at us. I didn't even want to imagine what was going through their minds. Though even if I wanted to I couldn't have thought of it too long because Alice dragged me out of the house.

When we were a few miles away she finally stopped and faced me. She looked me up and down. I started to feel uncomfortable.

"What have you done with him?" She asked looking straight into my eyes.

"What do you mean?" I had a few guesses but I wanted to know what exactly she was thinking about.

"The day you arrived Edward started to change. He came shopping with me and he even hunted before it. Okay, after the wolves he was pretty bad, but you saved him at that time too and I still don't know what happened in Port Angeles. Then after some time he started to look through the books. Then he just disappeared for 12 hours. And when he showed up you were with him and I saw it in his eyes that something changed, he was lighter so what the hell happened?" She demanded.

"I don't know, we just met in the forest while both of us were heading home." I shrugged but the pixie frowned.

"Cut the bullshit Isa." She said.

"Seriously Alice! I did nothing." I tried to convince her but she was stubborn.

"No!" She cried out suddenly. "I need to know what is different about you! I just feel like you are Bella! And I feel guilty about that. I don't want to replace her. She was my first real friend." She hid her face in her hands and I stood there stunned. She didn't know how close she was to the truth.

I stepped closer and took her hands away from her eyes so she could look at me. "Don't feel guilty Alice. Jesus, you are all so blind. Just look into my eyes! Really look."

She stared at me for a moment then stepped back and looked over me. I felt her gaze on me as she observed every inch of me. When she looked at my face again I thought her jaw would hit the floor.

"You.. No it can't be. This is insane! I must be crazy! You just want me to believe it! You are not her."

"Really Alice? Then think about my name a little. Isabella does it ring a bell?"

Her frame trembled and she let out a breath. Then she lunged at me and hugged me. I fell back to the ground. Sobs racked her body as she held me tightly. "Oh my! Edward would be so happy! Wait! He already knows!" She jumped up and pulled me up. "This is perfect. I am so happy! It isn't over! It will work out. We need to tell the others." She squealed so loudly that a few birds flew away.

"Alice you can't talk about it. Why do you think I didn't tell sooner?" Alice stopped and looked at me. She thought it through and nodded in understanding.

"But this is still awsome!" She bounced but then froze.

"What?" I asked.

"The Denalis are coming today. Tanya wanted to come to cheer up Edward as soon as she heard that you are out of the picture she thought that here's her chance to get Edward. And know she thinks it's the best time." She started to pace worriedly.

"What?!" This would end badly, I could feel it in my stomach.

"I know, I know. But we were so worried about Edward at that time that we agreed that she could try. I am so sorry Isa, Bella! Whatever!" She said hysterically.

"Alice, calm down please. Edward knows that I am Bella. Nothing will happen."

"But it was just so perfect. You and Edward would have got back together and it would have been like you were never apart. I thought it would be just as easy." She sighed and I had to laugh.

"Easy? Oh Alice, that isn't how things play out for me."

After that we went back to the house. When we stepped inside we heard Edward chuckle quietly, something what I didn't hear a long time. Alice shot me a gleeful smile when she heard it. I gave her a small smile but after that we composed ourselves and tried to pretend like nothing happened.

After some time Edward went upstairs to shower. While he was downstairs we glanced at each other when no one was looking. Those glances warmed my dead heart.

We continued talking with the others but not much sooner we heard a car pull up. We went outside and Edward joined us. He had a calm face on but I saw it in his eyes that something was terribly wrong. Jasper was sending calming waves toward us but it didn't help Edward to ease from his rigid posture.

We were behind the others and I gently touhed his hand as we were standing next to each other. He looked at me and I raised my eyebrows asking what was wrong. He shook his head and mouthed 'later'. I nodded but now I was slightly tense too.

The Denalis got out from their car. All the girls were beautiful but I just wanted to know which one was Tanya. Elezar was the leader, he had black hair and his mate was Carmen who had brown curly hair. There were the twins, they all had blonde hair. Kate smiled at me as they introduced me, Irina just nodded while Tanya looked me up and down. I saw that Edward inched closer to me, it was like he wanted to shield me from Tanya's eyes. The last member was a boy. He was around 18 and he was as tall as Edward and they were almost the same built. He had light brown hair, topaz eyes with a hint of red. His cheekbones were high and his features were sharp, he was handsome but nothing compared to Edward. As I glanced at Edward again I realised he didn't want to shield me from Tanya but from the boy, who now was ogling me openly. I mentally shuddered in disgust.

"And he is our new addition to our family. His name is Chase. He was changed 4 months ago. Don't worry he drinks animal blood." Carmen smiled at her newest son. He shook hands with the Cullen men and greeted the girls kindly. When he reached me he took my hand and kissed it gently. My eyes went wide and I was pretty embarrassed by it.

"Your name?" He asked with a confident smile as he straightened up.

"Isa." I said shortly.

"Isa.." He pondered then smiled at me. "Beautiful." I nodded and took my hand back.

Chase then went to shake hands with Edward. They stared into each other's eyes as they shook hands. They silently discussed something with their eyes and I saw Chase flinch a little as he let go of Edward's hand. Edward just narrowed his eyes at him.

There was un uncomfortable silence until Alice finally broke it and we started to go inside everyone was talking happily as they entered the house. She winked at me and then looked at Edward.

I turned to him. He was glaring at the back of Chase's neck as the boy went inside. "Hey." He looked at me and his face softened. But he was still tense and nervous. I didn't like it. "Don't worry." He nodded but I saw that he wasn't convinced. We went inside and joined the family.

They were in the living room. Me and Edward were about to sit down next to each other when Tanya appeared between us and she sat next to Edward, this way separating us.

I looked at the blonde girl in disbelief as she touched his arm and smiled at him and suddenly I really wanted to kill the bitch.

■■■■■

Sorry for the grammar mistakes and I hope you liked it. Thank you for reading it.