Chapter 12

I pushed the dead body of the mountain lion away. I was out hunting, trying to take my mind off of the heavy stuff.

After the wolves I unfortunately got a clue what was Edward like when I wasn't here. For a week he was in his room, he didn't move and the only noises coming from him were screams, growles and hisses. The others tried to distract me when he was like that. The next week he was better somewhat. He still didn't talk but he left the house every day to go somewhere. He always returned at night. No one had an idead where he was during daytime, we didn't dare to ask him. I stayed away from him so I wouldn't anger him accidently.

Alice and me became close friends but sometimes I caught her looking at me strangely. She told me why Edward was like that, she told me about his past. It was heartbreaking to hear it from Alice's view. I didn't know it was so obvious that we loved each other. I also didn't notice that Jacob was manipulating me all along. I was angry about that but there was nothing I could do now.

The sound of someone growling snapped me out of my thoughts. It was unfamiliar so I silently ran towards it.

When I was close I jumped on a tree. What I saw shocked me. 3 dark angels were at the river. Two boy and a girl. I was a little bit surprised that one of them was girl but that was the least of my worries right then. I felt the energy rolling down of them like waves.

The girl was growling at one of the boy who was just smirking. The girl was wet, probably he pushed her into the water. The third one was watching them with annoyance but I saw a little amusement in his eyes.

When the girl attacked, the smirking one easily dodged her. This continued for two minutes but then he got bored and threw the girl against a tree so hard that it broke into pieces. I gulped as I obsereved the damage.

"You lost you stupid brat!" He laughed but he couldn't enjoy his victory for long because the other boy attcked him with a fierce growl. They didn't hold back, they shocked and hit each other.

The girl was on her feet now and watched the battle but something in her posture changed. She looked around searching for something or someone. I tried to climb back before she notices me but it was too late. Her ice blue eyes locked with mine and both of us froze.

My mind started to think about ways to escape. There were three of them and from what I saw the two males were much stronger then the one I had killed. If the girl tell them then my only chance is to run. I knew, coward, but I was scared shitless in that moment.

However the girl looked back to her friends then back to me. She sighed and shook her head. Then without a word she turned around and went to the boys who were laughing in the river.

I stood there, shocked for a moment then took off. One thought running threw my head.

Why did she do that?

·○⊙○·

It was almost my last day here. The past two weeks were.. painful and full of hopelessness. I tried to talk to Edward a few times but he just ignored me or growled at me. He was mostly in Carlisle's study. He was looking over all the books with care. None of us knew what he was doing. The others tried to find out so they could help him but he just ignored them. I just tried to not anger him so I mostly stayed away from the house. Now I had 25 hours to destroy the dark angels and get him to fall in love with me.

I didn't see the dark angels after that one encounter. I didn't know where they were or what they will do.

There was one place I wanted to see before I leave. And that was why I was in the cemetery. I wanted to see my grave and Charlie's.

I didn't know he was dead too. When I saw it I thought I would pass out. He was such a good man, he shouldn't have died.

I found my grave too. It wasn't far from his. There were several white roses on it. And it looked like somebody constantly visited it.

As I stared at it I let my mind grasp it that I was seeing my own grave but then I heard footsteps.

"Isabella!"

I turned around in reflex and what I saw shocked me.

"Edward?" I whispered.

■■■■■

Thanks for reading it. Sorry about the grammar mistakes and I hope you liked it.