Chapter 23

Edward's POV:

I could barely open my eyes which was strange because I was a vampire. But once I did I just wanted to close them again. I felt it in my bones that something wasn't right. That was just confirmed when I saw two unfamiliar figures looking at me with worry.

I looked around then back to them with disbelief.

"Where am I? How did I get here? Who are you?" I asked as they started to come closer.

"Edward please, calm down. We want to help." The girl said but it was obvious that she was at the edge of a panick attack.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Asked the boy.

They probably heard the annoyance and confusion in my voice. "Fighting with Tanya on the field." But now I clearly wasn't there. Someone had a lot of explaining to do.

He nodded. "Than close your eyes, take a deep breath and try to remember what happened after that." He said calmly and I reluctantly did just that. Though when I opened my eyes again it wasn't them who I was seeing anymore. I was back at the clearing again, reliving the memory...

I looked behind me just as I tackled Tanya to the ground. I saw Bella was thrown back by a lightning. True fear and anger took over me in that moment. My mind focused on her. If I lost her I wouldn't be able to live and my body knew that. That was one of the reasons I let my instincts took over. I started to run but I was stopped shortly by a hand on my neck.

I let out a growl as Tanya pulled my head back while kicking my knees from behind. I was helpless. I fell to my knees and she held me firmly by my hair.

I looked Bella's motionless body. I saw the smoke coming from her and I knew that she was in great pain. And that she was probably dying. If the injuries after the attack in the alley almost killed her... No! Stop it Cullen! I ordered myself. I couldn't let my thoughts wander in that direction. If they did I would become miserable. Just the thought of her gone caused me agony. It was like a vice was on my heart and it squeezed it tighter with every passing second and if the time was over it would simply crash my heart into tiny little pieces. If there would be anything to crash.

"Bring him closer! I want him to see how much agony I will cause her." I heard his voice and Tanya started to drag me towards them. I growled in warning to the dark angel and sadly I wasn't suprised that he just laughed.

He was winning.

And he knew it.

Tanya pushed me down next to Bella. I was still on my knees and her hand was still on my neck. Though that was the last of my worries.

I focused on Bella. I saw some blackness on her neck and arms and the vice tightened. More of her skin was black the less time we had.

I was relieved when she looked at me for a moment though she instantly turned back.

The dark angel stopped a few steps in front of her. He smirked and a lightning started to form in his hands. In that moment I truly thought we had lost.

But I should never underestimate my Bella. She suddenly sat up with inhuman speed and with a scream she let out a lightning. Her scream was so high and loud that I needed to cover my ears, just like Tanya.

The lightning hit the devil right on his chest, but he didn't explode. He started to glow. He was cursing and growling. But then his eyes were gone, they started to glow too. His mouth opened and light started to come out from it. He was shaking, trying to hold himself together.

He started to take several steps toward Bella. Oh, hell no. Now that Tanya wasn't holding me I stood up and was ready to attack him.

I didn't know how but he sensed me or something because his head turned toward me. He moved like a zombie.

His trembling worsened and I knew he was about to explode. And he was right next to Bella. In the next moment I was behind him. I grabbed his neck and threw him back. I knew it wasn't safe for me to be close to him either when he would explode but he needed to be as far away from Bella as it was possible.

However I didn't think about Tanya when I decided that I would keep Bella and myself away from him. She came up behind me but fortunately I heard it in her thoughts.

She was ready to push me to the dark angel. She planned to finish Bella herself after that. I held back the urge to turn around and rip her head off. I needed to wait till she made a move.

In the next second she did. She jumped at me but in the last moment I stepped away and grabbed her. I threw her at the dark angel.

He was trembeling but he grabbed her with a surprising strength. She screamed in protest and shouted. I saw smoke, that meant the light wasn't just bright but hot too. It was burning her.

"I am not leaving this world without taking someone with me." His last words.

I quickly went to Bella's side, wanting to get her as far away as possible. "Bella! Bella, listen everything is going to be fine! Please don't leave me! I don't think I can go through that again!" I shouted at her and her head turned to me. Then her eyes closed in a far too familiar way.

No, no, no!

I lifted her in my arms but before I could take a step I was hit by waves of energy. He exploded.

It threw me away, but I didn't know where I landed because I blacked out. But this time was different. Whenever I blacked out I still heard voices or something but now. I felt my conscious slipping away. No! Not now! I needed to get to Bella. She was dying and God knows what the explosion did to her.

I tried to keep myself focused but it was a lost cause. Darkness engulfed me.

·○⊙○·

When I opened my eyes I wasn't on the field. I was standing on the soft cloud again. The sunshine tinted everything yellow. So this was how I ended up here. I had the answer to that question but there were plenty more what were need to be answered. And I was both nervous and afraid to hear those answers, but I needed to. That was the only way to get back to Bella. If I had a way.

I looked around again. My eyes focused on the two figure in front of me. One of them was a girl with long, black hair and green eyes. The boy next to her was tall, lean and had blonde short, hair and blue eyes.

"Do you remember now?" She asked softly. When I nodded she continued. "Good, I am Twinkle, he is Sky and you are Edward. Let's not waste more time than we already had."

■■■■■

Thanks for reading it and sorry for any grammar mistakes. I hope you liked it.