Chapter 8

When we crashed into each other both of us flew back. I landed on my feet just like him, I growled at him angrily, he just threw his head back and laughed.

"How cute! You want to protect him huh?! Good luck with that!" I snapped my teeth at him and lunged again.

This time I successfully grabbed his neck and both of us fell backwards. I was on top of him, grabbing his neck forcefully. He just laughed and suddenly disappeared from under me. It was like he became a shadow.

"Did you really think it will be that easy?" I heard him say behind me. I turned around and jumped away just in time when I saw an electric shock coming from his hands.

I looked at him in disbelief, but quickly composed myself, not wanting to show how surprised and, well... scared I was.

He continued trying to shock me as I moved around. When he realised I was too fast he looked at Edward and raised his hand.

"Noo!" I screamed and ran to him. I pulled his head down and the lightning strucked above us. I gulped and looked at Edward, his eyes were still closed, but his breathing was even.

I looked back at the devil. He was smirking. I felt anger fill my body and settle in every part of me. As I stood up not taking my eyes off him I felt my anger turning into energy. I charged for him and this time when I grabbed him I shocked him with my hands. I backed him up against a wall, my grip on him was firm.

He tried to struggle and I saw a pleading look in his eyes. I stopped for a moment. He looked up at me and gasped for air, he was too weak to fight now. His next words shocked me.

"Please, don't do this to me." He said and for one short moment I was truly thinking of letting him go, but then I looked into his eyes and saw the hunger in them. He wanted my power, he wanted to suck all of the energy out from me, so he can be stronger. I growled and pushed down on his neck, shocking him again.

He started to shake and he disappeared now and then but I still felt him under my hand. His eyes were shining blue and he was vibrating. My free hand started glowing with a white light. I pulled it back and puched him. His figure shattered and the pieces fell to the floor. I saw a dark shadow disappearing between the clouds. When he explode it threw me back and all the lights went out in the area, if not in the whole city.

I went back to look at the pieces on the road. They were dark purple, almost black, they had a mysterious glow around them. The edge of them were sharp. I saw that they were slowly vanishing so without thinking I grabbed one of the large ones and put it into my pocket. Even in my hands it was freezing cold.

I turned back to Edward and I felt concern washing over me. I took a step closer to him, but then he opened his eyes and looked at me. I froze in the midle of my next step. He blinked and rubbed his eyes. In that two seconds I ran between two houses. I glanced at him and he was looking around, no doubt searching for me. His eyes came to a stop where I was hiding. I prayed that he would go away and thankfully I heard a voice.

"Edward!!" Alice. I think I was never as grateful to hear her voice as now. I quietly closed my wings, I completely forgot about them.

Edward turned to Alice as she threw herself on him. He hugged her back, but his eyes were still looking around. "I was so worried. I went back to the music store but you weren't there, in fact you didn't even go inside. I started to follow your scent and that's how I found you. What happened?" She asked noticing him looking around and she started to do the same.

"Nothing. I just took a walk." He said as if his life hasn't been in serious danger just few minutes ago.

"Edward.." Alice spoke with a threatening tone.

He just sighed and ran his fingers threw his hair. "Please Alice, can we just go home now?" His voice was pleading.

Alice reluctantly nodded and they both turned around and headed back to their car. However Edward glanced back one more time where I was hiding, he looked confused. It took everything in me not to jump out from my hiding place. But it wasn't time yet. Both of us have to suffer just a little bit more. Even if he didn't realise it yet it will be worth it in the end.

When they were out of my sight I let my wings out again and flew up. This was the first time I was flying and I was astonished from the view. I saw the entry city and every little detail of it. I also saw Edward and Alice reaching their car and I was also relived that the lamps weren't out in the whole city. Just the area where the fight was.

I followed Edward and Alice as they left the city. I thought about that maybe I should listen in their conversation, but I didn't want to disturb their privacy. As soon as they were out of the city I flew above the trees. I had one place in my mind.

■■■■■■

Thanks for reading it. Sorry for any grammar mistakes. I hope you liked it.

Also thank you celestemagix for pointing out the grammar mistakes. I am really thankful.