Chapter 24

"Do you remember now?" She asked softly. When I nodded she continued. "Good, I am Twinkle, he is Sky and you are Edward. Let's not waste more time than we already had." She said hurriedly.

"No! What? Wait!" I protested.

"Look, we are angels. We know Bella, we were with her after she had died. And now you are in Heaven too." He turned around and gestured with his hands, like I didn't notice I was on a freaking cloud.

At the mention of Bella my mind raced back to the attack and the explosion. And that he mentioned Heaven... Did I died?!

"Am I dead?!" I shouted in panick. No, please don't! Bella needed me. I couldn't be dead now!

"No." Twinkle said. And I calmed slightly. "You are still at the field in body." What? "See?" She pointed at the right side of her. I followed her gaze and I saw an image of myself, laying on the field on my side. I wasn't moving. Bella was a few steps away, but she was there.

"I don't understand." I admitted.

"When a dark angel dies the amount of energy what is freed of them it is literally mind blowing. Humans instantly die if they are close. Vampires defend themselves by fainting. Your kind would be killed by it too but your brain shuts down. But after several black outs it's harder for your mind to get the control back over your body." Sky said and patted my shoulder. "You are trying to get back that control. But you are failing and that's way you are dying." My breathing was fast. Short, desperate pants lifted my chest and I didn't know how to answer.

"Bella is still alive though. You need to get back to her and help her before she dies. But I don't understand. She should be fine by now because her task is complete. She has killed the dark angels and you love her." She looked Bella's image closely. "Don't you?" She spoon around and looked at me, one of her eyebrows raised, daring me to say it otherwise. Like I would ever could.

As an answer I gave her one of my 'are you stupid?' looks. She got the hint and continued. "When she completes her task all of her injuries from the dark angels should disappear. But it's getting worse." I looked at the screen too and saw that more and more of her skin turned black. It was agony to watch it and not do anything against it.

"We are trying to help you, but your mind needs to get back the control of your body." Sky said and he ran his hand through his hair.

"How do I do that?" I asked.

"Someone needs to pull you out from the blackness." He said while rubbing his jaw.

"Who can do that?" I asked. Who would be out there, deep in the dark forest, and could help me? But before I could think of it too much and probably freak myself out, Twinkle interrupted.

"That's where fate comes in the picture." She winked at me and looked at the screen. Her words made me think. Fate?

I watched it too and I saw my sister enter the clearing. "Alice?" I whispered. She ran to my side and she started to shake me by my shoulders. My vision started to blur.

"Go to the lake! We try to figure out a way to save her!" I heard Sky's voice as they disappeared.

·○⊙○·

"Edward! God damn it Edward if you don't open your eyes-" I sat up, gasping for air.

Alice was siting next to me just like I saw it in my... dream? Or did that really happened? Was I that close to die and lose everything? Whatever. There were much more important things to think and do.

I didn't pay attention to Alice frantic questioning. My eyes zeroed on Bella. She was laying right where I had seen her. I got up and rushed to her side.

I gathered her in my arms. She weighted nothing. Her neck was completely black now and her arms were almost. I followed Twinkle and Sky's advice and took off to the lake.

I didn't know where I was exactly going but the directions felt right. I pressed my lips to Bella's forehead as I was running and wished with every fibre in my body that she would be okay.

When I saw the lake I rushed to its side. I knelt next to it. I held Bella tightly to my chest like a small child. I rubbed the water on her skin where it was black.

But as soon the blackness was gone from somewhere it came right back. I tried it several times but there was no use. It wasn't working, her injuries were too serious. The blackness continued spreading with a dangerous rate.

"Edward?!" I heard Alice's concerned voice as she reached me. She stopped dead in her track as she saw me fully.

I didn't blame her. I must have looked like a mess. I was still trying the water but there was no use.

"It should be working." I said my voice was tight from holding back the sobs.

Alice came up to me and put her hands on my shoulders from behind. She tried to reassure me but I cringed away from her touch. I heard her thoughts and they were a mess. So there wasn't any use of her reassurance.

I looked down to Bella's face again. I brushed some hair out of the way so I could see her face.

I caressed her cheeks what were slowly becoming blacker with every passing second. Then I gently held one of her hands. I gasped when I saw her arms. They weren't simply black. They were slowly becoming ashes.

She was burning silently.

I tried the water again while begging silently to whomever hears me not to take her again. However the water this time didn't even erase the blackness. I just hoped that Bella could somehow hang on.

"Bella, love. Please hold on for me. Please Angel, don't leave me again. I won't survive. Not again." I pleaded desperately. She was my everything and I doubt it if I lost her now she would come back again. And if she did could I survive if I lose her again?

"I love you. Please. Don't leave me." I whispered and kissed her forehead. I shut my eyes tightly as my lips made contact with her skin. "Please." I whispred again. I buried my face in her hair and inhaled her scent.

My head shot up when I heard footsteps. I looked at the trees and searched for any potential danger.

Then suddenly Sky appeared whom I saw when I passed out.

He looked at us and his face broke into a relieved smile. "Twinkle! They are here!"

The next moment Twinkle was by his side and she looked at us with worry.

"What are you doi-" I was cut off by their shouting.
"Kiss her!" Both of them screamed. "She can disappear in any moment! Do it!"

I looked down to Bella then after more than two months I finally kissed her.

■■■■■

Thanks for reading it and sorry for the grammar mistakes. I hope you liked it.