Let It Out - Chapter 17

Chapter 17

*Ed's POV*

I read the letter with tears streaming down my face.

I miss her so much.

Everything about her.

Her eyes, her body, her mind and even her handwriting which I traced gently with my finger on the letter.

I have to see her.

I have a show that day but I'll cancel if I have to.

In London, Halifax seems so small and I can't wait to go back to my home town and especially to see Amy.

I must make it up to her.

I let her leave.

I need to show her how much I missed her.

After about an hour I come up with an idea to show my affection and set it all up.

I hope she likes it.

*June 20th*

*Amy's POV*

The drive to Halifax seems to last forever.

I sit in the back of the train my headphones blaring Ed's voice in the song "Firefly" on his new EP.

Its pure genius, his music is.

I cant help but imagine him singing it softly in my ear for only me to hear and get shivers that make me slightly blush.

But I cant get my hopes up.

He might not even show up.

To be honest, he probably hates me and I wouldn't blame him. I hate me too.

When I arrive in Halifax at the station, I walk quietly to Imogen's from there.

I truly can't wait to see her. I miss her so much it nearly hurts me physically. She was a mother to me when no one else was and that means a lot.

I check my watch while walking up to her house. 10:54am.

I knock on the front door and instantly the door flies open and I'm drowned in a warm embrace.

I breath in her scent, ecstatic to be smelling it again.

I let a few tears fall and she pulls away to look at me.

"Amy dear, havent you grown? You look beautiful as ever."

"Yes," I said blushing.

"And you look gorgeous as always Mum"

"Oh thank you dear. Well come on in."

I walk into her home and noticed a change in decorations. Guess since she retired she has some time on her hands.

We talk for hours about everything and nothing all at the same time and I feel just where I should be.

She tells me I can stay as long as I like but I have a job so I can only stay the weekend I tell her.

She understands and makes us lunch.

We watch TV and continue chatting.

I'm losing hope that Ed will show up. I really wish he would and now I can't help but only be able to think about him.

How could I be so stupid to think he would ever show up?

I get lost in thoughts and I miss him so much I let a silent tear fall making sure Mum didn't see.

Now it was around 5pm and we were playing Monopoly I hear a honk from outside.

I dismiss it thinking it was coming from somewhere in town until I hear a knock on the door.

Mum looks at me with a smile like she knows something I don't and nudges me to open the door.

I open it and there stands Ed in a suit with flowers and a limo parked in front of the house.

Love is patient.

Love is definitely patient for it to come after all these years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You don't even know how happy I am to be writing again! I missed all of you so much! I'm so happy to be writing oh my god. I'm going to upload a new chapter tomorrow night! I hope you all enjoyed (: ily all.