Little Things - Chapter 4

Chapter 4

We walked back to his house hand in hand without saying a word.

Although it sounds awkward but it wasn't at all..it was full of thought.

We arrived back his house and put on the kettle.

After we drank our tea Ed headed into the bathroom to shower.

"You'll be alright alone for a few minutes right?"

"Yeah Ed I'm not four years old," I told him.

"Are you sure your not four..cause I mean-" he said with a chuckle.

"Just go take your shower Ed." I cut him off with a smile.

I just sort of sat there a while.. Then I heard a voice coming from the bathroom..it was singing. Then I realized it was Ed singing.

"And I told you to be patient,

And I told you to be fine,

And I told you to be balanced,

And I told you to be kind,"

His voice was beautiful..smooth, soft and intense all at the same time.

I heard the water shut off and the door open.

Immediately I started applauding his little performance from the shower. It felt a bit silly, but necessary.

"What?" He asked confused.

"I can hear you when your in the shower you know..."

"Oh no you heard that...? Just don't judge me okay I know I'm not a good singer but it just a habit and-" he said worried

"Oh shut up Ed, I loved it. You should sing more often." I gave him a little smile.

"Well...uh thanks I guess."

"Have you written any songs?"

"Um yeah actually..I know it's kind of dumb but I enjoy writing...I've written one about you.."

"Really? Can I hear it?"

"Sure, just don't laugh okay? "

"Why would I?"

He went to grab a piece of paper where the song was written and his guitar.

"Ok here we go.."

He started strumming his guitar.

"Your hand fits in mine like its made just for me, but bear this in mind it was meant to be..and I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks and it all makes sense to me..I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth but if I do it's you oh it's you they add up to I'm in love with you and all these little things."

"I haven't finished it yet but..I hope you like it..?"

"Oh Ed,"

I hugged him tightly.

"I love it. Almost as much as I love you." I felt a warm tear slide down my cheek.

"I love you too Amy." He said while wiping the tear off my cheek.

Not long after that we decided to go to sleep so I headed to the sofa and drifted off to sleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was at home with my mom..I felt a bit dizzy as if I was drunk.

"Mum!" I yelled with a slur.

She walked out of her room.

"I've always wanted to tell you this. You're the worst mum anyone could ever have! You touch me one more time and ill call the cops! No wonder dad left you you're crazy!"

Then I felt a punch to my jaw knocking me over into the table.

I screamed unable to make any other sound.

"You say that to me again, and you won't be able to walk you inconsiderate bitch!"

Then I felt a slap across my face.

My sight went a bit blurry but I could still see.

Then I heard a voice.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I saw my mum throw a punch but he didn't care. He picked me up and ran out of the house.

All I could make out was his ginger before I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shhh, it's okay Amy. It's only a dream."

"Ed?"

"Yeah it's me. It's alright. Go back to sleep it was just a dream."

"Ed please stay with me."

He laid down close to me on the sofa.

I pulled his arm around my waist and felt him stroke my hair slowly as I gently fell asleep.

It all makes sense now. That dream. The morning after, I remembered nothing and I was in the hospital. My mum told me that I fell and she brought me there to make sure I was okay.

Lying bitch. I, once again, could've died if it wasn't for Ed.

Ed sheeran, saving lives since 1991.

Ed woke me up early again so his mum wouldn't see me.

I heard the front door close.

"Ed, that dream last night..it was a memory of something I didn't remember. And you were in it. You saved me Ed. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Well when I realized you didn't remember I put it to rest and just never brought it up..it would've been sort of awkward.'hey that time you were in the hospital it was cause your mum hurt you and I brought you there.' Wouldn't have been the best pick up line."

"Pick up line..?"

"Well..yeah. I had a huge crush on you. And still do of course.." He said looking down embarrassed.

"Well now you have me, what're you going to about it now?" I said with a smirk.

"This,"

Then he pulled me in to a kiss. He held his hands around my waist and I rested my hands on the back of his neck.

It was perfect. It lasted nearly 20 seconds and I loved every second of it.

We hung around the house most of the day.

I helped him write songs a bit and we chatted.

"I have some whiskey if you'd like some."

"Sure, sounds great."

We drank out of our glass for a while until the whole bottle was gone.

"Won't your mum get mad we're drinking her booze?"

"No I got this myself. She won't even know."

We had been listening to the radio a while and when the song "Skinny Love" by Bon Iver came on, I knew he loved that song so i stood up.

"Will you take this dance?" I asked reaching out a hand to him.

"Of course,"

I put my arms around his neck and he put his on my waist.

I pulled him closer resting my chin on his shoulder.

He started singing along softly in my ear.

"C'mon skinny love just last the year, pour a little salt, we were never here, my, my, my, my, my, my, my, my"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you liked it! :) if you did comment or vote please (: since the school week is starting it'll take me much longer to post the next chapter sorry