Small Bump - Chapter 10 Part 1

Chapter 11

Everything was blurry but I could hear voices.

They whispered with strong urgent words.

"...I need to know now. Her life is at risk. We don't have insurance but this is important. Please."

"Listen I can't just give things away-"

"How would you feel in my place? Would you give up?"

I heard a deep breath as if he was thinking it over.

"Sir this could get me in some deep trouble but I understand your pain and will help,"

I opened my eyes completely now, finally being able to see clearly.

"Amy-" Ed immediately ran to my bedside and kissed my hand lightly.

"Hello Amy. I'm Dr.Huffman and will be nursing you back to health."

"Wha-what's wr-rong with me?"

I turned to Ed expecting a reassuring smile but instead I saw panic in his eyes.

"Amy, you're pregnant."

"We're afraid your baby is in danger, she or he may not make it. Ed told me you got punched in the stomach. If your baby survives its highly likely to have brain development issues."

All I could do was stare at the wall ahead of me.

This is too much.

The room started to spin.

After all I've been through..after all the pain.. Now this.

God hates me, he must.

Why else would this happen to me?

I felt a trickle down my cheek a few moments later and realized I was crying.

I'm too young.

I don't think I can do this.

But I have to stay strong. A life is in my hands-or my belly I guess you could say, and nothing will stop me from keeping my baby alive.

Me and Eds baby.

"Amy? Are you alright?"

"Uh yeah. I guess so."

At that instant I felt a lurch in my stomach and grabbed the bowl next to my hospital bed.

"You will be feeling uneasy in your stomach for a while but slowly it'll get better. We should be able to get you back at home in a few days."

The doctor left the room leaving me and Ed.

I looked to Ed with tears in my eyes and I noticed, he too, had tears in his eyes.

We held hands for a long time (considering my health I was in no condition to hug) and after a bit of thinking it over, I started to smile.

So did Ed and we were lightly laughing now with tears in our eyes.

We're going to have a baby, and even though I may not be ready, making life is a blessing and I will never take it for granite.

The only downside was the vomiting, and the dreary setting of the hospital.

The cheap lights slowly drove me insane.

The terrible wallpaper.

The uncomfortable bed and terrible food.

Ew the food was terrible.

All I wanted was Chinese take out.

Just thinking about it drove me mad making me drool.

Looks like hormones have already set in.

Great.

This will be a long 9 months.

I could tell Ed hated it too.

He always whispered to me

"Ill get you out of here soon."

Whenever he saw pain and panic in my eyes.

Ever since I heard I was pregnant all I could think about was the pain.

I'm not ready for child birth.

Thoughts like that caused me to experience various anxiety attacks throughout the day.

I could hardly breathe and started shaking and crying.

As if this wasn't enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is so short something had to be published! I hope you liked it! Wooh big plot twist! Thanks for all the love xoxox