Homeless - Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I woke at 3pm my mum yelling at me.

"Get out of my house! You don't deserve to be called my daughter!"

Wow she was pissed. I don't care. She deserved it.

"You'll never touch my weed again! You have no right to do that! Do you realize how much money that many grams cost these days?"

She smacked me hard across the face.

"Woah mum calm down I just put it down the toilet it's not like I burned the house down."

"No you're gone. You're never allowed in this house again Amy!"

I looked at the door and saw my things were packed. She always threatened but was never serious. Now she was.

Next thing I knew I was getting pushed out the door. The cold air hit me like a bullet. Damn you Halifax and your weather. Damn my mother.

I walked down the street. I'm never going back to that house.

A sigh of relief exited me. She can't hurt me. Thank the Lord. Living on the streets is better than that hellhole mum calls home.

I walked to town and found an alley. Maybe I'll stay there tonight. I only have £6 in the pocket of my old jeans. Well shit. I could always beg but that's pussy. I can take care of myself, plus what if someone I know, or even worse my mum sees me on the street corner? I can't risk it.

I haven't been going to school for a while so I guess I don't really have to worry about that.

All my family (which is only dad) lives in Bradford..I could catch a few trains.

Well I guess living with my father would be as bad as living with mum if not worse..But he'd feed me and I need food if I want to survive.

Feels weird doubting my survival...I'm only 15. I should be worrying about boys and grades or some shit like that shouldn't I?

I'll leave for Bradford in the morning..I need some sleep its been a few hours of walking and planning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Early in the morning I woke up in the alley. It's a miracle I didn't get my things stolen.

I start to walk to the underground.

I got a ticket to Queensbury for £3.75 and i'll go to Bradford from there.

I walk onto the train, and sit in the most secluded spot I can find.

I looked at my reflection in the window. My blonde hair is everywhere and my freckles are extremely noticeable without makeup...on top of all that, I have mud on my cheek.

Great. I've only been homeless a couple of hours and I look like I have all my life.

I see a boy about my age with ginger hair outside looking at me. He runs through the closing door of the train right before it closes and walks over to me. What'd this guy want?

"Hello," he says as he sits across from me.

"I couldn't help but notice you and umm...was wondering if you needed any help?" His cheeks got red just like the colour of his hair.

"That's awfully nice but shouldn't you be worrying about the fact that you just got on a train you didn't intend to and have no idea where you're going?"

"Well it's just..you looked worried and you had bags and were alone so I thought you might need a place to stay."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all for this chapter! Thanks for reading tell me what you think in the comments if you want :)