The City - Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I couldn't tell Eds mum. What if she kicked me out? I wouldn't last a day on the streets. And for God's sake I don't even know the woman's name...It's strange really. I know her son more than i know myself and the woman who gave birth to him doesn't know I exist.

I didn't do anything..for days. I just lied on the sofa.

Sometimes a few tears would drop. Sometimes I'd just stare at the blank wall.

I slept in his bed, breathing in his scents through the sheets.

It'd been 11 days.

I couldn't do this.

12 days

Where was he?

My stomach throbbed. I only ate about every three days.

How could I eat?

I felt empty.

Without his touch.

His sultry voice that always gave me goosebumps.

His messy red hair...

"He'll be back"

I kept whispering this to myself but could hardly believe it.

15th Day

The birds were chirping and the bugs buzzing on a lovely Tuesday morning in Halifax.

As I opened my eyes I looked straight into

his bright blue eyes.

It didn't frighten me in the slightest.

Those were the eyes that kept me going all these days.

Those eyes that saw me on the underground wanting to help.

They were the eyes that kept me safe and warm.

For some time, I stared deeply into them. Although it may have been a few minutes it felt like hours I was looking into them. They were like blue crystals surrounding his pupil and a rim almost black that surrounded it.

I memorized the image.

After the tension was broken I smiled. I pulled him close and kissed his lips savoring the soft feeling.

We both climbed out of bed and moved ourselves to the sofa.

He told me for hours about the things he had experienced.

"A lot of people liked my music actually..except a few walked by me snickering and telling me to get a job." he laughed lightly.

"That's great Ed.." i said a bit distantly.

"Amy you were on my mind all those 15 days I was gone. And Amy it's so exciting...a man who heard me singing..he wants me to perform for some label called Atlantic Records."

"Oh Ed! You could be famous! This is so exciting," i said jumping up and down like a three year old.

"It's scheduled for Thursday," he said waiting for my reaction.

I looked down, disappointed.

"When are you leaving again?"

"Tonight. But I'll be back by Saturday love I promise,"

I grabbed him suddenly and pulled him close.

We rocked back and forth a bit in our embrace. I could feel his breath on my neck.

"We'll make it through this." i whispered in his ear through tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! :) Sorry this is VERY short..i have no excuses im ashamed. So what'd you think? Please comment and vote :3 love you all xoxox